They're the new, and very fashionable, requirement on every film and TV production set, and recognised for helping particularly young actors navigate sex scenes without fear, but intimacy coordinators aren't for everyone, it appears.
Toni Collette has revealed she feels happier working on intimate scenes without one, and has on occasion asked them to leave the set.
Collette, who stars in The Power , coming to Prime Video on March 31, told the London Times newspaper:
"I think it's only been a couple of times where they've been brought in, and I have very much trusted and felt at ease with the people I was working with. It just felt like those people who were brought in to make me feel more at ease were actually making me feel more anxious. They weren't helping, so I asked them to leave."
Collette has enjoyed a solid three-decade career of more than 70 films and more than a dozen TV shows since her breakout role in 1994's Muriel's Wedding , and she was asked if intimacy coaches would have made life easier when she was younger.
"I've been very fortunate in that I've only worked with a few arseholes over the several decades that I've managed to keep this boat afloat."
Collette appears in The Power – adapted by Amazon from Naomi Alderman's 2016 bestselling book – as Margot Cleary-Lopez, the mayor of Seattle, in a futuristic society where women have developed the ability to conduct electric shocks through their hands.
Leslie Mann was originally slated for the role, but schedules changed, and Collette came late to the production. She told The Times :
"I kind of slipped in at the last minute and shot the entire season in five weeks, which was a complete headf***."
- Emma Thompson reveals how she prepared for her NUDE scene in upcoming movie Good Luck To You, Leo Grande
- Lady Gaga takes extra measures for consent to make sure her co-stars are comfortable on camera before filming intimate scenes
- Only Fools and Horses: Uncle Albert star 'felt sick' filming iconic scene 'Very graphic'
- The Bay series 3: Jamal actor Nadeem Islam ‘cried a lot’ filming heartbreaking scene with on-screen brother Michael Karim
- Peaky Blinders season 6: Cillian Murphy reveals Helen McCrory missed out on filming final scenes due to Covid delays
- Belfast film review: This warm passion project by Kenneth Branagh is well worth a watch
- Bradley Cooper talks about being ‘pickled punk’ in first-ever fully-nude bathtub scene for Nightmare Alley
- Leonardo star Aidan Turner on ‘awkward’ sex scenes: ‘The situation spirals'
- Exclusive - Deepika Padukone On Gehraiyaan Intimacy: You Have To Approach It Like Action Or Dance Sequences
- Cate Blanchett reveals 'traumatic' experience homeschooling seven-year-old daughter Edith during lockdown: 'There was no respect'
- 'One of the most breathtaking pieces of cinematography I’ve ever seen' - your favourite films of 2018
- Gehraiyaan intimacy director reveals if Deepika Padukone and Siddhant Chaturvedi had inhibitions about the process
- Evan Rachel Wood Documentary Joins Sundance Film Festival 2022 Lineup
- Marvel movie timeline: How to watch superhero films in order
- Scarlett Johansson reveals HUGE secret she had to keep from friends & family while filming Sing 2
- James Bond star Sean Connery ‘did movie scenes in just underwear when shot from waist up’
- EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: After 15 years, Damien Hirst reveals where his $100m skull is buried
- Lorraine Kelly reveals her surprising cinema date - and he's a celebrity too
- Emma Thompson on ‘challenges’ of going fully nude at 62 for new film: ‘We’re not used to seeing untreated bodies on screen’
- Jennifer Love Hewitt surprises fans with incredible 9-1-1 season five news
Toni Collette Reveals “Intimacy Coordinators Make Her More Anxious” While Filming Love Scenes have 604 words, post on deadline.com at March 18, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.