“Last of Us” actor Storm Reid isn’t letting a bunch of anti-LGBTQ+ internet trolls rain on her parade, telling us no matter how much they bash the show’s inclusive episodes … she knows it’s important to tell those stories.
We caught up with the talented young actress Friday at LAX. If you missed it, she had a guest role on episode 7 of the insanely popular HBO series where she played Riley, the best friend and love interest of the show’s star Ellie … played by Bella Ramsey .
Of course, the episode received a ton of praise, but there were also lots of people who thought it was unnecessary for “Last of Us” to include a lesbian plot.
Storm says not only are the stories told on “Last of Us” very real, but they’re also purposeful … and she’s choosing to ignore the folks who can’t see that.
Those naysayers flocked to the show’s public forums to leave negative reviews, and even went so far as to rank it as one of “the worst” episodes of the season. Perhaps not shockingly, they also hated the third episode, which featured two gay characters.
BTW … Storm says if there’s ever an opportunity for Riley to come back for season two, she’s 100% in for an encore!
Too bad, so sad … haters.
- Netflix's new show 'Insatiable' is an offensive mess that goes way beyond fat shaming
- Netflix’s “Insatiable” isn’t a fat-shaming show: It’s much worse
- WorldPride: New York's best LGBTQ art, heritage and party venues
- Here's what all the 'Grey’s Anatomy' actors who left the show are up to now
- 'Don't go like this!' One Love Island Australia contestant sensationally QUITS the show in dramatic storm out
- Why Julie Klausner Devoted An Episode Of Her TV Show To Mocking Woody Allen
- Anthony Bourdain called girlfriend Asia Argento his 'shelter from the storm' months before his death
- 8 TV shows nominated for Golden Globes that you should be watching, but probably aren't
- Inside Cartoon Network’s Racially Groundbreaking Show “Craig Of The Creek”
- The 16 best science movies and TV shows streaming on Netflix right now
- She Will Be The First Black Woman to Direct a ‘Star Wars’ Movie With Episode IX
- US mainland politicians wooing Puerto Ricans who fled storm
- Design thinking is the opposite of inclusive design
- [WATCH] Ava DuVernay Talks About Having an All-Female-Directed Show
- Here's where you might recognise the cast of 'The Haunting of Hill House' from
- 10 surprising things you probably didn't know about 'Will & Grace'
- Retailers try 'Ferris Bueller' plan to oppose Trump's tariffs
- 10 TV casting decisions that caused controversy
- The 60 dumbest moments in tech 2018
- R. Kelly’s got $625 to his name, court documents reveal
'Last of Us' Actress Storm Reid Defends Show's LGBTQ-Inclusive Episodes have 447 words, post on www.tmz.com at March 18, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.