John Boyega has made peace with the role that previously caused him anguish that he made public, but now says "made a man of him."
The star of JJ Abrams 's Star Wars reboot previously called out Disney for its treatment of his character Finn, stormtrooper turned resistance fighter.
He said in 2020 of Finn's spotlight in The Force Awakens followed by his diminished role over the course of the franchise:
"What I would say to Disney is, 'Do not bring out a black character, market them to be much more important to the franchise than they are and then have them pushed to the side. It's not good.' "
Three years later, he is more sanguine, telling The Times of London:
"For me Star Wars has made the man, in a sense… The experiences, the fun times, good times, ugly times, bad times, it makes you who you are as you navigate through the industry, and that has definitely been interesting."
Regarding the finale, which saw Finn reunited with his Star Wars co-stars, he reflected:
"I feel like the arc that JJ tried to tie up, that's where I feel comfortable with the release of him. And since then I've been able to enjoy, as a fan, The Mandalorian and Obi-Wan Kenobi . I'm enjoying the balance of all things."
Last year, the British actor said he was warmed by seeing how differently Disney handled similar fan criticism of Moses Ingram in Obi-Wan Kenobi .
Boyega stars in Breaking , available for digital download on March 27, a title on which he also serves as exec producer. He plays the lead role in the real-life story of Marine veteran Brian Brown-Easley, who in 2017 robbed a Los Angeles bank after his benefits cheque had been stopped.
- The best Star Wars movies on Disney+ | Digital Trends
- Andor episode 12 finale review: Sensational Star Wars saga ends with an electrifying battle cry of hope
- Star Wars: what we'd like to see in Andor season 2 | Digital Trends
- Star Wars actor 'joining Marvel Cinematic Universe' in Phase 5's finale
- 'Andor' Timeline Explained: How 'Star Wars' Show Will Lead into 'Rogue One'
- Star Wars' Cassian Andor Show Could Include Some Cut Creatures and Characters From Rogue One
- Star Wars novel ties Return of the Jedi to The Force Awakens | Digital Trends
- 'Naked Singularity' Director on Why John Boyega Is His Ideal Leading Man
- The best moments in the Star Wars franchise, ranked | Digital Trends
- Star Wars 9 leak: JJ Abrams 'REWRITING script' – Is it a response to the fan backlash?
- 'Star Wars' Cut Prince William and Harry's Cameo
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer: A First Look
- What's Next for 'Star Wars' After the 'Obi-Wan Kenobi' Finale
- Star Wars: Andor actor confirms series exit - 'This is it for me'
- Andor’s Brilliant Prison Trilogy Takes ‘Star Wars’ To New Heights
- Star Wars Andor's connection Steven Spielberg's 'most-hated' Indiana Jones movie detailed
- ‘Andor’ Season One Was Star Wars at Its Most Beautifully Human
- What's On Disney+ in October 2022? From 'Werewolf by Night' to 'Star Wars'
- Star Wars' past has potential for Game of Thrones-like drama | Digital Trends
- 'Star Wars' and 'What We Do in the Shadows' Crossover Goes Viral
John Boyega Finally “Comfortable” With Treatment Of Star Wars Character, Two Years After Disney Call-Out have 531 words, post on deadline.com at March 18, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.