Bill Maher used St. Patrick’s Day to make a point … the United States of America is (A) not united and (B) on the cusp of becoming the next Northern Ireland.
The ‘Real Time’ host served up a warning that would be useful to heed — Our politics have become a religion for the majority of Americans, and the level of hatred toward people embracing “the other” religion has us dangerously close to calamity.
It happened in Northern Ireland, where a politically combustible landscape turned into urban warfare, and Bill sees us headed in that direction.
As he says, Democrats and Republicans are embracing that same level of hatred for those they oppose. The majority of people in both parties don’t want their kids to marry someone attached to the opposing party.
And then, he invokes the name of Marjorie Taylor Greene , who has called for a “national divorce” — in other words, creating two countries … made up of blue states on the one hand and red on the other.
Aside from it being ridiculous, Bill points out there are fundamental disagreements within each political party, so thinking a divorce will create harmony is just stupid.
Fact is … based on the polling, this isn’t just a theoretical threat. It’s real and scary.
- ‘Angry Birds’ Receiving New St. Patrick’s Day Update
- ‘Evolve’ Saint Patrick’s Day Community Event Revealed
- TECH TREK Google Says 'State-Sponsored,' Users Hear 'China'
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY Mobile Malware's Growth Slows, Nastiness Grows
- Guitar Hero and Band Hero Gets Flogging Molly DLC
- OPINION The Big Green Paint Job
- Akash: Path of the Five Interview — Truant Pixel Talks The State of Otome, Being an Indie and Nintendo Switch
- PS4 Exclusive The Order: 1886 Gets a Bible Full of Intriguing Background Information and Pictures
- Endeavour Lifts Off to Fit ISS With Giant Observation Deck
- In Jo Cox's town: Market stalls, a quiet library and now flowers after an unthinkable crime
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY FIDO Pursues Vision of a Password-Free World
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY BlockIQ Escalates War on Ad Blockers
- Entomological Society of America names 2010 Insect Science Award winners
- Take The Intelligence Test That Thomas Edison Gave to Job Seekers
Bill Maher, Happy St. Patrick's Day, We're About to Become Another Northern Ireland have 355 words, post on www.tmz.com at March 18, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.