EXCLUSIVE : Vardy vs Rooney: A Courtroom Drama , Channel 4 's dramatization of the notorious Wagatha Christie case, has sold to BritBox in North America and networks in Australia and New Zealand.
The factual drama, which stars Michael Sheen as Rooney's barrister and covers one of the biggest media cases of the past decades, was picked up for distribution by Newen Connect last year and Newen has now struck a slew of sales.
BritBox North America, Australia's Foxtel and New Zealand's +HR=E (formerly TV3) have snapped up Vardy vs Rooney and Newen will be shopping at the upcoming London Screenings. Chalkboard TV's four-parter is one of a number of English language shows that now feature in the French distributor's catalog as it pushes further into the English language space .
Vardy vs Rooney , which launched to more than 1M overnight viewers late last year, was the first of a number of planned shows set to spotlight the story, with a Disney+ doc incoming and a BBC dramatization in development.
Natalia Tena and Chanel Cresswell played leads Rebekah Vardy and Coleen Rooney, who became embroiled in a dramatic public legal battle after Rooney accused Vardy of leaking stories about her to the press. The ensuing trial generated huge amounts of media attention and Rooney won the trial.
"Since the Wagatha Christie revelations first came to light, both media commentators and the general public have been fascinated by this story," said Newen Connect Chief Commercial officer Leona Connell. "Chalkboard TV has created a drama that feels immediately topical, fresh and relevant to today's society and epitomizes the type of scripted shows we are looking for as we broaden the range and depth of our catalog."
- Fall House Hunt: What Gen Z buyers want
- Nathan Carter set to play two gigs in Dublin and Belfast next year after sell-out shows
- Campbell Soup turnaround effort brings deal to sell chips firm
- Bertelsmann, Pearson to form book market giant
- Niall Horan adds second Dublin date after tickets for first concert sold out in FIVE minutes
- Brooklyn Beckham to fly the nest as he prepares to leave for university to study photography in September
- How well do you know Britain’s Prince Harry?
- The Global 3000 Forum
- 'I am awesome': How a millennial built a fentanyl empire
- Deadly tale of a dropout, the mail and a half-million pills
- Fake oxycodone sold online, delivered by mail made man millions
- Your guide to movies opening through Thanksgiving 2019
- Elisabeth Moss says things will be more ‘f****d up’ in Top of the Lake: China Girl
- World Cup qualifying: Who needs what in the last round of matches?
- College students outsource homework to struggling writers abroad
- 20th Annual 40 Under 40 Awards, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Inside the U.N. climate summit
- What to expect this year at the Berlinale
- Casper Dreams of Being Bigger Than Mattresses
- Two Beers United by One Name
Wagatha Christie Channel 4 Drama Sells To BritBox North America & Buyers In Australia/New Zealand have 480 words, post on deadline.com at February 7, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.