5:13 PM PT — China has condemned the downing of their air balloon, calling it an “excessive overreaction,” while also expressing “strong dissatisfaction” for the move.
1:16 PM PT — Biden just addressed the balloon operation, saying he ordered the Pentagon to shoot it down as soon as possible — noting he had given that order on Wednesday. He told reporters that he was informed that the safest way to do it would be to wait until it was above open waters.
Here’s the (potential) problem with that … the White House has gone on record to say JB was first briefed about the balloon on Tuesday, but Bloomberg reports his administration had actually become aware of its presence as early as Jan. 28th (last Saturday).
President Biden: “I ordered the Pentagon to shoot it down on Wednesday as soon as possible.” #ChineseSpyBalloon https://t.co/D5i5CRR8iy pic.twitter.com/w2rr3SPIsF
— CSPAN (@cspan) February 4, 2023 @cspan
No other major outlets have confirmed that … but, if true, it would indicate Biden’s camp was trying to keep this hush-hush until they couldn’t any longer. Very similar to the classified docs scandal — which was also on their radar long before anyone publicly knew about it.
So, if Joe was actually first told about it on Tuesday — but his administration was aware of it way earlier — what the heck is going on with the information funnel for our CiC???
12:18 PM PT — TMZ has obtained video of the moment the balloon was struck, and it’s pretty damn dramatic … and something you might see in a Tom Cruise-led movie.
Check it out … you see a fighter jet approaching the balloon, and then launch a projectile that strikes the aircraft and blows it up. As you can hear, it was quite a sight to the people on the ground too.
12:02 PM PT — The Chinese spy balloon, which wasn’t carrying passengers, has been shot down.
#Breaking #Balloon has been murdered and is now falling out of the sky over Surfside Beach South Carolina pic.twitter.com/qc5JPuPEzk
— wlctv.ca (@wlctv_ca) February 4, 2023 @wlctv_ca
FOX News got some great footage of the moment it was hit and started to plummet down to the ocean. Word is, the thing was hit with missiles over Surfside Beach in South Carolina. It looks like fighter jets were circling it prior to firing.
A Chinese spy balloon that’s been hovering over the U.S. throughout the week is probably going to meet its maker once it reaches the deep blue … something President Biden teased.
JB made one of his first public comments about the foreign aircraft Saturday while out in Syracuse, NY — where he was asked about it by a reporter … to whom he casually responded, “We’re going to take care of it.” Reports from AP and ABC News suggest it’s going down.
Q: "Any comment on China?" pic.twitter.com/D6n2nDadh4
— RNC Research (@RNCResearch) February 4, 2023 @RNCResearch
According to the outlets, the Biden administration is strongly considering shooting the balloon while it’s floating over the Atlantic Ocean … that way, there’s no risk of any debris crashing into anything or anybody on the ground. The reports say U.S. officials have cleared airspace for this, and that they would collect the debris for further examination thereafter.
As of Saturday morning, the balloon could be seen fly above the Carolinas and heading East. Estimates say it should be over water sometime this afternoon, so it could go down later today.
BREAKING: The Chinese spy balloon was just spotted over our area. I took this video while standing in Northern Greenville County. The U.S. has elected not to shoot it down, at least not yet, though all options are still on the table. I will keep you posted. pic.twitter.com/wemwk913fl
— Jackson Gosnell (@jacksongosnell) February 4, 2023 @jacksongosnell
The Prez was reportedly first briefed on the fact the balloon had entered our territory on Tuesday, and the first sightings of it over Montana and other midwestern states began surfacing Wednesday. China says it’s an unmanned weather balloon conducting research which accidentally veered off course and floated our way … but the U.S. has called BS.
Instead, intelligence officials are saying it’s a surveillance balloon … and they believe it was sent here intentionally. In any case, it’s not great for diplomatic relations right now.
A Chinese spy balloon has been flying over the United States for a couple of days, U.S. officials said, one a defense expert estimates is equivalent to the size of three bus lengths https://t.co/BhcAHLUddz 1/5 pic.twitter.com/oMrJXNuwgz
— Reuters (@Reuters) February 3, 2023 @Reuters
A second balloon was also spotted floating above Latin America today. Time will tell if it’s flight comes to an end … and what any potential findings could mean for how we deal with China.
Things have been bumpy lately with the superpower nation, especially as it pertains to predictions about war and whatnot. With this brazen move, it doesn’t bode well.
The balloon takedown could happen any moment now … stay tuned.
Originally Published — 10:30 AM PT
- Kelly Brook dropped two dress sizes after boyfriend labelled her a ‘balloon’
- Model Alysia Kaempf channels Pamela Anderson Baywatch vibes during sensational beach shoot
- Fortnite Shooting Gallery: Wailing Woods, Retail Row, Paradise Palms Locations in Week 10
- The cultural moments that defined 2018
- Helicopter comes within whisker of disaster during dramatic mountain rescue
- Watch the moment a gender reveal party goes wrong
- Dramatic moment armed police shoot gunman, 24, after he slugs whisky, makes sign of cross and ‘cocks pistol’
- Padiham hairdresser speaks of dramatic moment when major fire erupted
- Terrifying moment gunfight breaks out in Irish street as residents duck
- The year in PHOTOS: Key moments of 2018 captured on camera
- Moment man tries to jump off Humber Bridge in terrifying rescue
- UK weather forecast – Britain braced for SNOW as dramatic map shows where icy blast will hit bringing freezing temperatures
- Watch shocking moment police shoot armed man after he refuses to lower weapon – national
- Key moments of 2018 that will shape next year
- Hero neighbour describes dramatic rescue of woman trapped in devastating house fire that killed three people
- Hero neighbour runs across road to pull burning petrol can from under Range Rover after masked arsonists try to blow up car
- Yellow Vest boxing champ who punched police in viral video gets sentenced
- Conspiracy theories among Yellow Vests after Strasbourg shooting
- Dad reveals moment daughter screamed ‘your ear is gone’ after Shoreham air crash as survivors speak in court
- Shocking moment 14-year-old floors man with single punch
U.S. Shoots Down Chinese Balloon, Dramatic Video of Blow-Up Moment have 1100 words, post on www.tmz.com at February 4, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.