EXCLUSIVE : Starz is developing The Comedown , a comedic drama series based on Rafael Frumkin's book by the same name, sources tell Deadline. The project hails from Regina King 's Royal Ties Productions and Freddie Highmore 's Alfresco Pictures as well as TriStar Television, a division of Sony Pictures TV where The Good Doctor star Highmore has had an overall deal. A rep for Starz declined comment.
Written by Gretchen Enders ( WandaVision ), The Comedown is a darkly comedic, multigenerational drama that explores delineating lines of race, class, religion, and time, through the story of two very different Cleveland families – one Black, one white – whose lives become intertwined one fateful night when a drug deal goes dramatically wrong and a mysterious yellow briefcase disappears.
Highmore and Claire Londy executive produce through Alfresco Pictures alongside Enders as well as Regina King and Reina King of Royal Ties.
Enders most recently was co-executive producer on Netflix/Shondaland's Sunshine Scouts , which did a writers room. Previously, she was a supervising producer on WandaVision for Disney+ and Marvel and also worked on Queen America for Facebook and Grace and Frankie for Netflix. She is repped at Verve.
The Comedown, published under the name Rebekah Frumkin, was Rafael Frumkin's first book. His followup, Confidence, was pre-empted by Simon & Schuster and will be published in March 2023. Frumkin is repped by UTA and Stuart Krichevsky Literary Agency.
Highmore is the star and executive producer of ABC's popular medical drama The Good Doctor, now in its sixth season and doing a backdoor pilot for potential legal spinoff The Good Lawyer. He is repped by CAA, ARG and Felker Toczek Suddleson.
King executive produces and directs the upcoming David E. Kelley's limited series for Netflix A Man In Full. She also produces and plays the title role in the upcoming John Ridley movie Shirley, a biopic of Shirley Chisholm. She is repped by CAA, John Carrabino Management and Gang, Tyre, Ramer, Brown & Passman.
- Did Luis Miguel approve the Netflix series named after him?
- In ‘Tulsa King,’ Sylvester Stallone Tries Something New: Being Himself
- Edie Landau Dies: ‘Long Day’s Journey Into Night’ Film Producer & National Telefilm Associates Executive Was 95
- 29 New TV Shows to Watch This Fall
- From more Star Trek to a surprising Harrison Ford: the best TV in early 2023
- Bless the Beasts and Children
- Building an Alliance to Aid Films by Blacks
- Oscars Predictions: Original Score – Could John Williams Become the Oldest Competitive Oscar Winner in Academy History?
- Marlee Matlin, W. Kamau Bell, Destin Daniel Cretton & Jim Gaffigan Among Jury Members Set For 2023 Sundance Film Festival
- 20 Best Movies You Shouldn’t Miss In 2023 bbc
- 50 Over 50: Asia 2023
- Queen Elizabeth II, Lata Mangeshkar, Bob Saget & Betty Davis: Remembering influential people who we lost in 2022
- Year Ender 2022: Queen Elizabeth to Shinze Abe, Lata Mangeshkar & More; Recalling Influential People Who Died in 2022
- Notable 2022 Deaths: Queen, Madeleine Albright, Sidney Poitier, Others
- Telling Deeply Personal Stories With Artist Ser Anzoategui
- Oscars Predictions: Best Picture – A ‘Whale’ of Possibilities After PGA, DGA and SAG
- Golden Globes 2023: Dissecting the Major TV and Film Categories
- The Brits Are Coming: Five Rising Writers To Watch Out For In 2023
- Outlander explained: Which Doctor Who episode inspired Jamie Fraser?
- The 35 Best Podcasts of 2022
Regina King & Freddie Highmore Executive Producing ‘The Comedown’ Series Adaptation In Works At Starz have 537 words, post on deadline.com at February 3, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.