“Pez Outlaw,” Steve Glew is thrilled his incredible story is hitting the mainstream thanks to a new Netflix documentary … but he’s got his eyes on bigger things, and already has a big-name celeb he wants to see play him on TV.
Steve tells TMZ … he’s been waiting 25 years for his story to be made into a documentary, and he’s in preliminary talks to create a narrative TV show about his life … and he wants to cast Jack Black as himself.
Netflix is getting rave reviews for Bryan & Amy Storkel ‘s doc on Steve, “The Pez Outlaw,” the story of how he made a ton of money selling rare Pez dispensers back in the day.
While Steve doesn’t want to jeopardize his potential TV series deal … our sources tell us Steve’s in talks with CBS Studios and Andy Samberg ‘s production company, Party Over Here.
Steve tells us why Jack would be the perfect actor to play him … explaining he’s the right guy to capture all of Steve’s idiosyncrasies and bring him to life.
The Pez story is pretty wild … Steve went to Europe in the ’90s and smuggled back tons of rare Pez dispensers to sell to American collectors … with some folks shelling out as much as $11,000 for a single dispenser.
Steve says he thinks the Netflix doc will inspire more folks to get into collecting Pez … and he tells us why he warned current collectors to buy whatever they have their eyes on ASAP, before the documentary came out.
No word if Jack’s a big Pez fan … but Steve tells us what happened to most of his personal collection.
- New on Netflix May 2019 – movies, TV and original series next month
- YouTube creating Bandersnatch-style TV shows to take on Netflix – but it could be a sinister ploy to ‘steal your thoughts’
- Michelle Gayle on playing Hermione Granger as a black actress
- 'The devil doesn't want him'
- Steve Coogan’s lame Alan Partridge vehicle only serves to prove that Piers Morgan is beyond parody
- Apple event: iPhone maker launches new credit card and TV streaming service
- Jack Ross wants to stay at Sunderland next season regardless
- POLITICO London Playbook: She’s lost control — Public want May to quit — No-deal tariffs, border plans published
- Playing the game
- Suranne Jones relished role as 'first modern lesbian' in Gentleman Jack
- Kate Beckinsale’s back on our TV screens with The Widow after series of toyboy lovers and raunchy selfies
- The big interview: Lisa Fallon wants to be judged on her own merits
- Black Widow UK release date, cast, director, theories
- The short, happy life of the long playing record
- Manchester United want young British signings and Grealish should be considered
- Fawlty Towers tops the all-time best British sitcoms list — but what else made top 20?
- Strictly Come Dancing 2019 celebrity line-up rumours in full
- I’ve never seen Coogan better or Partridge funnier: This Time with Alan Partridge reviewed
- 50 creative companies making their mark in Wales
- Game of Thrones, Barry, David Attenborough's Our Planet
'Pez Outlaw' Steve Glew Wants Jack Black To Play Him In Potential TV Series have 499 words, post on www.tmz.com at February 6, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.