New England Patriots star, Trent Brown is going from protecting Mac Jones on the field, to doing the same off of it — telling TMZ Sports the quarterback’s haters need to go kick rocks.
The Pats’ left tackle didn’t mince words while out at LAX on Monday — saying he’s a HUGE fan of Mac … and doesn’t get the criticism that surrounded the QB for most of this year.
Brown said he straight up “loves” the guy — and anything Mac’s critics say goes in one ear and out the other for him.
“They don’t really matter,” Brown said of the Jones haters. “Really, nobody outside of that building matters.”
“It’s all about who’s in that locker room and who comes to work for us every day. That’s it.”
Jones faced a ton of heat this year — he threw 11 interceptions in 14 games and had just 14 passing TDs — leading many to call for backup Bailey Zappe to start over him.
Mac Jones interception 3 of 3 today pic.twitter.com/fBrrgXmwJw
— Main Team (@MainTeamSports) January 8, 2023 @MainTeamSports
Clearly, though, Brown’s got Mac’s back … and loves him at QB1.
As for how things will go next year and the following years after this season’s 8-9 disappointment … Brown promised things would turn around soon.
“I don’t believe we’ll be down too long,” he said.
Music to Bill Belichick ‘s ears.
- Teague one of a few chances worth taking for Jones, Bearcats
- LSU introduces Jones as new coach
- Mistakes hurt Browns in loss to Bengals
- Elite defenders could slip in Round 1
- Browns could be zeroing in on Richardson
- Defending national champs must rebuild defense
- Cowboys beat Browns in wild OT finish
- Ohio aiming for MAC title after near-miss in 2011
- Suit: 2 women assaulted at Browns’ Richardson home
- Sunday Wrap: Browns don’t give up
- Cowboys beat Browns 23-20 in wild OT finish
- Browns lose early lead; fall to Cowboys in OT
- Underdogs get little love in college football
- Ravens face winless Browns to end tough 4-game run
- Vikings confident at OT with Loadholt, Kalil
- Peterson’s 99-yd return gives Arizona 19-13 OT win
- Fun-loving Gronk all business on field for Pats
- Lions rally to beat Eagles 26-23 in OT
- Browns to focus on hiring coach first
- Bills end road skid with 24-14 win over Browns
Patriots OT Trent Brown Defends Mac Jones, 'I Love Him' have 374 words, post on www.tmz.com at February 1, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.