Spanish-born fashion designer Paco Rabanne , who was best known for his metallic space-age outfits, has died in France at the age of 88 years old.
The self-taught designer broke into the Parisian Haute Couture scene in the early 1960s with a collection composed of 12 unwearable experimental metallic dresses.
His designs soon became favorites with stars and models of the time such as France's Anouk Aimée, Françoise Hardy, Brigitte Bardot and the U.K.'s Twiggy.
He soon connected with the cinema world, designing the iconic costumes for Jane Fonda in Roger Vadim's 1968 cult film Barbarella , which are still on display in MoMA in New York.
Other cinema credits included Roberto Enrico's The Last Adventure and Joël Le Moigné's Les Ponyettes .
Rabanne retired in 1999 but his mothballed label was revived by Spanish company Puig in 2011, which has relaunched it as a fashion house and fragrance business that it now controls.
- Design icon Sir Terence Conran who founded the retail giant Habitat and opened more than 50 restaurants in remarkable 65-year career dies peacefully at home aged 88
- ‘He changed the way we live’: British designer, restaurateur Terence Conran dies at 88
- Terence Conran, designer, retailer and restaurateur, dies aged 88
- Sir Terence Conran: 'Visionary' designer dies at 88
- Spanish aristocrat Fernando Fitz-James Stuart welcomes his first child with glamorous wife Sofía Palazuelo and names their daughter Rosario after his late grandmother Duchess of Alba, Spain's richest woman
- What to expect from The Fragrance Shop’s Black Friday sale 2020
- Best Netflix shows: 30 fantastic TV shows that are worth binge watching
- VIETNAM NEWS 11/10
- 45 best horror movies and series on Netflix to watch right now
- Get set for the society wedding of the year! Count of Osorno, the grandson of Spain's richest woman, is engaged to his heiress girlfriend after two years of dating
- Britain records 85 more Covid-19 deaths as infection rate drops to 1 in 4,000
- The 100 best films on Amazon Prime to watch right now
- Rick Perry: The Best Little Whore In Texas
- When industrial America's manufacturing legend Dodge Brothers was stopped cold by the flu
- LGBT Migrants Fled Persecution Back Home. Then They Fled the Caravan.
- Before the Blast
- CBS SF Talks To Trey Spruance About First New Mr. Bungle Album In Over 20 Years
Paco Rabanne Dies: Spanish ‘Barbarella” Fashion Designer Was 88 have 370 words, post on deadline.com at February 3, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.