EXCLUSIVE: Magnify Media sales boss Anthony Appell is leaving the Handmade: Good with Wood distributor, with others changing roles as ITV Studios takes over the company's catalog.
Appell, who is Head of Sales and Co-Productions for the Plimsoll Productions-owned outfit, announced he is to exit his role on March 31 and Acquisitions and Operations Manager Emma Gosling has already departed, joining Belgian distributor Primitives this week. As of last year, ITV Studios owns factual powerhouse Plimsoll, which has owned Magnify since 2020.
Deadline understands six full-time Magnify staff have been in consultation talks with ITV Studio's sales arm. CEO Andrea Jackson has been appointed Creative Director of Factual Entertainment at Plimsoll Productions and at least one other exec is having advanced discussions over a new post within ITV. Most of the others have roles lined up, we understand, and several will remain in post during a transition period.
When Jackson's new role was announced last month , ITV Studios said it was integrating the Magnify catalog into its own library.
Magnify's titles includes Channel 4 woodworker competition series Handmade: Good with Wood and BBC Two shows My Unique B&B and Marcus Wareing's Tales From a Kitchen Garden , plus scripted shows Norwegian-ish , Heartbeats and Eve .
"All Magnify staff have been supported through the formal consultation process and are continuing to be during the transition, working in their current positions until later this year," an ITV Studios spokeswoman told Deadline. "All have been given access to the vacancies within ITV and some have applied to ITV Studios, whilst others have decided to pursue opportunities outside the business."
Sales boss Appell confirmed his departure in a social media post. "I've helped build significant pre-sales and volume deals in pan and English-speaking markets including UK and Ireland, Australia and North America across all genres and it's been an amazing journey re-connecting with all my clients and leading the sales team here at Magnify.
"It will be my last day on March 31st and [I will be] looking into finding new adventures after that. Thanks again to Andrea and all my wonderful colleagues and clients out there."
ITV bought a majority stake in Plimsoll, the Bristol-based factual giant, for £103.5M ($127.3M) last year. Plimsoll had acquired Magnify in September 2020.
- ITV Studios Hires Disney’s Cristina Brun For EMEA Sales Role Ahead Of London TV Screenings
- How Global TV Sales Houses Are Adapting To The Cost-Of-Living Crisis – London TV Screenings
- ITV warns over ‘challenging’ ad outlook as annual profits fall
- Emmerdale double exit as fans 'work out' Zak Dingle health diagnosis
- Jeremy Clarkson’s Meghan column does not impact ITV brand, says chief executive
- ITV launches massive recruitment drive to create hundreds of new jobs behind the camera
- Kylian Mbappe breaks silence on future after PSG exit as Real Madrid message sent
- World Cup news: Brilliant Brazil hammer South Korea 4-1 as Roy Keane fumes on ITV
- Royal Family LIVE: Harry and Meghan attack backfires after Kate and William take 'kicking'
- ‘Judy Justice’: Sox Entertainment Eyes Syndication Sale For Freevee Court Show As Syndicated Marketplace Hits Reset
- A Brief History of G.E. Asset Sales: DealBook Briefing
- Dancing On Ice's Jayne Torvil returns for semi-final as she shares health update
- Roy Keane’s World Cup highlights from jumping into a bin, Souness row, teasing Jordan Henderson and slamming Brazil
- Apple’s new challenge: a wave of key executives leaving the company
- Ephemeral Tattoos Were ‘Made to Fade.’ Some Still Haven’t.
- Anton Lesser age: How old is Endeavour's Reginald Bright actor?
- VAST Data Reports Record Momentum In 2022
- Carry on and on and on - Author shares 65 great secrets from the popular films
- Emmerdale’s Paddy Kirk star brands himself 'stupid actor' as he shakes off dark storyline
- Banijay Asia CEO Deepak Dhar On ‘The Night Manager’, Remaking ‘Suits’ And ‘The Good Wife’, And Making India A Regional Production Hub
Magnify Media Sales Chief To Exit As ITV Studios Takes Over Catalog have 647 words, post on deadline.com at February 2, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.