Lil Keed ‘s family has released a new song from the YSL rapper … nearly one year after his tragic passing from a rare blood cell disorder.
Keed’s mother, Tonnie “HoodMama” Woods-Reed , lead the charge for the rollout with a heartfelt message of bereavement, but still wanted his fans to have music to attach to their own sorrow.
“On May 13, 2022, I lost my son Raqhid Render—who many of you knew as the artist Lil Keed. While this journey through the different phases of grief has been indescribably hard, a way that I have found to cope is through his music.”
Rapper Lil Keed Dead at 24
She continued, “Right before his passing, Keed was hard at work on what would've been his highly anticipated next album, Keed Talk to 'Em 2. As much as he was a great father, son, and friend—he was also an artist who (thanks to many of you) lived and continues to live through his music. With that being said, the time has come to share some of our last pieces of Keed with you all starting with the release of his first single, "Long Way to Go." This song holds a special place in my heart and as you guys will see it will reflect on many aspects of Keed's journey here on Earth.”
His mother concluded, “I hope you all appreciate it as we take the first step in cementing Keed's legacy. Long Live Keed!”
Keed passed away on May 13, 2022, at the age of 24 from eosinophilia, leaving his loved ones — especially his brother Lil Gotit — to defend his honor on numerous occasions … but the upcoming release of “Keed Talk to ‘Em 2” will keep his spirit alive!!!
- Lil Uzi Vert, King of Quarantine Releases, Drops New Song ‘Sasuke’
- Dixie Chicks Share Heartfelt New Song ‘Julianna Calm Down’
- 10 Ways to Survive the Lockdown
- Joan Sebastian Opens Up About His Fears in New Posthumous Single ‘Hoy Tengo Miedo’: Exclusive
- Is Your Song Going Viral? These Guys Would Like to Talk
- Drake Previews Unreleased Music, Including Songs With Playboi Carti and Fivio Foreign
- Reflecting the times, acts pen songs about quarantine life
- Nick Cannon on 'Wild 'N Out' and His Decade-Long Feud With Eminem: 'I Think He Knows Better Now'
- Cuomo: Virus deaths drop below 400 for 1st time this month
- 'Hanging By a Moment' Is the Ultimate Minivan Rock Song -- And Lifehouse's Jason Wade Is Happy With That
- ‘Homeland’ Producers Talk Alternate Endings, Carrie’s Fate and Mandy’s Final Song
- Trump administration seeks months-long delay to complete 2020 census due to pandemic
- Will & Grace series finale recap: Will, Grace, Jack and Karen go their separate ways as the iconic series comes to a hilarious and poignant end
- Spandau Ballet singer Tony Hadley quits to go solo after fierce year-long feud over money but band vows to go on
- Adele Finally Shares Update on New Album '25': 'I'm Sorry It Took So Long'
- Comic's Relief / Local funnymen rally to reverse pal's downward spiral
- Indie Artists Have More Power Than Ever in Sweden. Could Covid-19 Lockdown Take the Trend Global?
- Who won at the Grammy Awards 2018? Full list of winners including Kendrick Lamar, Bruno Mars and Ed Sheeran
- Watch the Night Angel's Newest
- Drake Was Made to Fill the Coronavirus Content Gap
Lil Keed’s 1st Posthumous Song 'Long Way to Go' Drops have 539 words, post on www.tmz.com at February 3, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.