LeBron James admits he’s “disappointed” the Lakers didn’t reunite him with his old teammate Kyrie Irving … saying Monday he thought a trade for the point guard could have given him the chance to win multiple championships in L.A.
LBJ sat down for an interview with ESPN’s Michael Wilbon … and when the topic of Kyrie came up, it wasn’t hard to see the King was heartbroken the Lakers got beat out by the Mavericks in a swap for the Nets superstar.
“Definitely disappointed,” James said. “I can’t sit here and say I’m not disappointed.”
LeBron sat down with @RealMikeWilbon to share his thoughts on the Lakers not being able to trade for his former teammate Kyrie Irving: pic.twitter.com/2smRTk3Y0c
— ESPN (@espn) February 6, 2023 @espn
James called Irving someone he knows he has great chemistry with — and someone who “can help you win championships.”
The 38-year-old, though, said he’s already getting over it … telling Wilbon, “My focus has shifted back to where it should be, and that’s this club now and what we have in the locker room.”
As we previously reported, Irving was sent to Dallas on Sunday after he requested a trade last week. As part of the swap, Dallas sent over Spencer Dinwiddie , Dorian Finney-Smith , a first-round pick and a handful of second-rounders.
L.A. reportedly tried hard to get into the mix for Irving — as did the Heat, Suns and Clippers.
James and Irving previously had success in Cleveland, when they went to four consecutive NBA Finals. They won a title in 2016 after overcoming a 3-1 deficit against the Warriors.
After news broke that Irving was on the move from Brooklyn to Dallas, James sent out an eyebrow-raising tweet that said, “Maybe it’s me.”
Maybe It's Me
— LeBron James (@KingJames) February 6, 2023 @KingJames
It’s unclear who or what James was referring to, though the timing was interesting. But, either way, the four-time time NBA champion says he’s moving past the disappointment of it all.
“I’m back,” he insisted, “locked in on the job at hand.”
- Anthony Davis scores 41 in New Orleans return, chemistry with LeBron James continues to carry Lakers
- Report: Agents grumble about players needing LeBron James’ approval to join Lakers
- 'That's not true at all!': LeBron James denies reported friction between himself and the Lakers brass one year into his $153 million deal
- Lakers Fans Convince LeBron James to Yell 'Taco Tuesday' After Spurs Win
- Kyrie Irving on his relationship with LeBron James: ‘I don’t want to say it’s not been rocky at all’
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)”
- Lakers' LeBron James reaches NBA milestone
- LeBron James reaches 33,000 career points in NBA milestone
- LeBron James shows off receiving skills against Pelicans
- Marcus Smart says the obsession with Kyrie Irving's Boston tenure, and departure, is getting old
- NBA DFS: LeBron James and best FanDuel, DraftKings daily Fantasy basketball picks for Friday, Nov. 29
- Celtics' Kemba Walker nearly replicating Kyrie Irving's production, but there's one major area of discrepancy
- NBA Star Index: As Giannis tries to widen gap for second straight MVP, LeBron James continues to make his case
- NBA DFS: LeBron James and top FanDuel, DraftKings daily Fantasy basketball picks for Friday, Nov. 29
- Nets' Spencer Dinwiddie setting himself up for huge contract by thriving with Kyrie Irving sidelined
- Rumor: LeBron James want to play off the ball more in future
- Report: LeBron James blessed Lakers signing Carmelo Anthony last summer, but front office didn’t
- Richard Jefferson says he retired because the Knicks were the only team to offer him a job
- Lakers plan to contact league about the way LeBron James is being officiated, and they have a point
- 5 reasons to be thankful for this NBA season, including LeBron James' extended greatness, wide-open title race
LeBron James Says He's 'Disappointed' Lakers Didn't Trade For Kyrie Irving have 636 words, post on www.tmz.com at February 6, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.