“Laverne & Shirley” star, Cindy Williams ‘ name won’t soon be forgotten in the place she grew up in … because they’re dedicating an entire day in her honor.
Williams was raised in the Van Nuys neighborhood of Los Angeles, and there’s now an official movement to declare January 25 — the day she passed away — as Cindy Williams Day in the community.
A spokesperson for the sixth district of Los Angeles tells TMZ … "Our office was deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Cindy Williams, a Van Nuys treasure and Hollywood icon. Throughout her life, Cindy served as a role model to young women in Hollywood and showed them that, through hard work and dedication, they could achieve whatever they put their minds to.”
As we reported, the actress, made famous for her portrayal of Shirley in the hugely popular “Laverne & Shirley” died at the age of 75 last month.
While she’s best remembered for playing alongside Penny Marshall in the hit series, she did a ton of other gigs throughout her career … like taking on projects on Broadway and appearing on other shows such as “8 Simple Rules”.
Of course, the “Laverne & Shirley” series was wildly popular throughout its 8-season stint from 1976 to 1983. At one point, it was the most-watched sitcom in the U.S. … racking up 6 Golden Globes nominations and 1 Emmy nom.
- Shannen Doherty, other '90210' and 'Riverdale' stars react to death of Luke Perry: 'Devastated by the loss of my friend'
- Celebrity Birthdays this week: Prince William, Paul McCartney and Frank Lampard
- Amy Schumer celebrates Emmy nomination for stand-up special Growing by sharing cute snap of baby Gene: 'We were both on stage during filming'
- Celebrity deaths in 2017: Famous faces gone too soon from Sir Bruce Forsyth to Gogglebox's Leon Bernicoff
- No glide path to retirement for Cecil Williams
- Is It a Slow News Day, or Did Kylie Jenner Secretly Announce Her Pregnancy in an Instagram Story?
- ‘Black Panther’ composer Ludwig Göransson brings new sounds to ‘Star Wars’ series ‘The Mandalorian’
- Queen Elizabeth II celebrates her 92nd birthday
- Royal Wedding: The world flocks to Windsor for Prince Harry and Meghan's big day
- 7 Reasons for Gay & Lesbian Couples to Celebrate
- Racing! One day to go to the Breeders’ Cup
- Former Strictly star Kristina Rihanoff talks wedding plans with Ben Cohen
- Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Viceland: 7 Shows and Films to Watch This Weekend
- In the three-part “Hollywood,”
- Country superstars Carrie Underwood, Maren Morris and Kacey Musgraves lead the red carpet arrivals at the 2019 ACM Awards
- From Gemma Collins to Mark Wright, meet the biggest reality TV earners of 2019
- The rags-to-riches story of Union Square
- Eyes on the prize: the must-see art and design of autumn 2016
- A Battle Royale Revisited: An Oral History of
- Third woman who has accused Bill Cosby of rape reveals the 'sickening guilt she carried for 45 years' as she urges others not to blame themselves
'Laverne & Shirley' Star Cindy Williams Celebrated with Hometown Day in Her Honor have 476 words, post on www.tmz.com at February 4, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.