Edinburgh TV Festival has unveiled Channel 4 strategy boss Kiran Nataraja as its 2023 Advisory Chair.
Nataraja, who is the broadcaster's Director of Content Strategy and Planning, will oversee panel sessions and keynotes for the annual festival that has been extended to four days this year. It will run from August 22 to 25 and theme is The Passion and The Power of TV.
Nataraja joined the Gogglebox broadcaster in 2011 and has since worked her way up to running the planning and scheduling teams while shaping commissioning strategy across the Channel 4 portfolio, including VoD player All4.
"For as long as I can remember, I've been obsessed with TV," said Nataraja.
"I was endlessly fascinated by different worlds and voices on screen. I'm honored to take on this role so we can explore the passion and responsibility we all share for creating powerful shows that can bring positive change to a viewer."
Edinburgh Executive Chair Fatima Salaria called her an "influential and hands-on figure."
"Kiran, and people like her, are the heartbeat of the industry," she added. "What she doesn't know about our shows and the way the audiences react to them isn't worth knowing."
Last year's edition of the annual TV get together was chaired by broadcaster and journalist Afua Hirsch and was the first to take place in person since 2019.
- Edinburgh Film Festival: New Campaign Launched To Save Long-Running Festival & Filmhouse Cinemas
- Edinburgh Film Festival: Plans for hub tower unveiled
- Edinburgh film festival and cinemas cease trading
- RI must recognize NUG as 2023 ASEAN chair: Activists
- ATX Festival Will Honor James Burrows, Plans To Mark ‘Cheers’ Finale’s 30th Anniversary
- Pet Shop Boys to headline Edinburgh's Hogmanay celebrations
- Edinburgh International Film Festival hub tower to be smaller
- Aldi unveil Christmas advert 2022 with Kevin the carrot and inspired by iconic movie
- Limited time left to book Cheltenham 2023 – pay just £25pp upfront for our exclusive package
- Tokyo Film Festival is More than Ready for Its Return to In-Person 35th Edition, Says Chairman Ando Hiroyasu
- Big Brother return 'confirmed for March 2023' following ITV's reboot announcement
- It’s So True: Lee Pace Is Coming to Vulture Festival
- Billy Joel, 73, is set to headline BST Hyde Park festival next year - joining Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band at the event
- Charlotte Wells On The Surprise Success Of Her Festival Hit ‘Aftersun’: “I’m A Little In Awe”
- What time do Glastonbury 2023 tickets go on sale and how much do they cost?
- Edinburgh-based students compete to build exciting train of the future
- Glastonbury 2023 tickets: Here's when Glasto tickets go on sale today
- Saudi Arabia’s Red Sea Fest Unveils 2022 Line-Up; Sets Oliver Stone As Jury President & ‘What’s Love Got To Do With It?’ As Opening Film
- Italy’s Publispei Set Sights On International Markets As It Unveils ‘Flowers Over The Inferno’ At ITTV in Los Angeles
- NBCU Launch Reveals Scripted TV Directors Program For 2022-2023
Edinburgh TV Festival Unveils 2023 Advisory Chair have 484 words, post on deadline.com at February 7, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.