EXCLUSIVE: Anonymous Content has closed a first-look deal with Theresa Park 's film and TV banner Per Capita Productions .
Park's Per Capita Productions is focused an auteur-driven, independent films, primarily based on literary material.
Most recently, Park produced Luca Guadagnino's Bones and All starring Timothée Chalamet, Taylor Russell and Mark Rylance. The movie has been nominated for 2023 Independent Spirit Awards for Best Feature Film, Best Lead Performance and Best Supporting Performance; received two acting nominations from the Gotham Awards; and won the Silver Lion at Venice for Best Director; and Best New Talent for Russell. Bones and All was financed by The Apartment Pictures and produced by that studio's Lorenzo Mieli as well.
Park also produced the film After Yang with Cinereach for A24, starring Colin Farrell, Jodie Turner-Smith and Justin Min, adapted by writer-director Kogonada from Alexander Weinstein's short story Saying Goodbye to Yang . The pic premiered worldwide in Un Certain Regard at the 2021 Cannes Film Festival. It won the Alfred P. Sloan Prize at the 2022 Sundance Film Festival; two Gotham Award nominations, for Best Screenplay and Best Actor; and is nominated for two 2023 Independent Spirit Award for Best Screenplay and Best Director. Park also produced Roar for Apple TV+, starring Nicole Kidman, Cynthia Erivo, Merritt Wever and Alison Brie. Expats based on Janice Y.K. Lee's New York Times bestselling novel; The Cartographers , with writer/director Veena Sud adapting the short story by Alexander Weinstein; The Sisters Grimm , an animated series at Apple+ based on the bestselling children's series; and a tv series based on Joel Kostman's memoir Keys to the City . The Wish , for Universal. The project is the first of three they will be producing alongside Sparks as part of a three picture deal with the studio. In doing so, Park continues her long relationship with Sparks, with whom she produced feature film adaptations of The Best of Me (Relativity, 2014), The Longest Ride (Fox 2000, 2015) and The Choice (Lionsgate, 2016), all based on novels by Sparks. She is also producing the feature film adaptation of Sparks's #1 New York Times bestselling novel, The Return , with Sparks and Elizabeth Cantillon, who optioned it for her MRC Film label.
"Theresa is a longtime partner and an incredible producer with a keen eye for creating highly ambitious and artistic content that captivates audiences," said Anonymous Content CEO Dawn Olmstead. "We are so thrilled to extend our partnership with her and the team at Per Capita."
"It is an honor to find a home among so many like-minded, passionate and effective creatives whose tastes align seamlessly with my own," said Park. "I couldn't ask for more supportive colleagues and look forward to launching a slate of bold projects driven by distinctive literary sensibilities."
- ‘Stranger Things’ Renewed For Season 4 By Netflix As Creators The Duffer Brothers Ink Mega Overall Deal
- China's Youku inks BBC drama deal
- ViacomCBS’ Inauspicious Q4 Debut: Wall Street Grills CEO On New Streaming Product, Financial Forecasts, Content Costs, Affiliate Fees, Ad Revenue & Nickelodeon Ratings
- Producer Zanne Devine Inks Overall Deal With Disney Channels Worldwide
- ‘Snowpiercer’ & ‘Okja’ Producer Samuel Ha Launches Bound Entertainment; Jamie Lai Named Head Of Film & TV
- What to Watch this Weekend: Al Pacino battles Nazis in Jordan Peele-produced
- finally (!) exists, looks amazing
- ‘On My Shortlist For NL MVP’: Experts Predict Bryce Harper Could Have MVP-Type Season As Phillies Look To Get Back To Postseason
- Love Island is rocked by THIRD death tragedy that could spell the end for controversial ITV2 reality show - after producers were ordered to take more care of its stars
- The Africa Content Producers Conference 2020
- Asian American Content Banner Launches With Valence Media Investment (Exclusive)
- Andrew Weatherall, British producer behind Screamadelica, dies aged 56
- Potash mine under national park will make Yorkshire farmers millionaires
- Melissa Leo To Headline Fox Pilot ‘Blood Relative’, Lifting the Cast-Contingency
- Understanding Ezra Klein’s Newly Launched Vox.com
- ‘Time to Hunt’: Film Review
- Deutsche Telekom, RTL Join Quake Europe to Boost 5G Startups (EXCLUSIVE)
- Coalition of Asian Pacifics In Entertainment Unveils Annual CAPE New Writers Fellowship
- Clear Horizon Launches Sales On Shannyn Sossamon Horror-Thriller ‘The Undertaker’s Wife’ – EFM
- Julia Roberts Is Back on TV With
Anonymous Content Inks First Look With ‘Bones And All’ Producer Theresa Park’s Per Capita Productions have 703 words, post on deadline.com at February 6, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.