The WGA has written out the film nominations for its 2023 Writers Guild Awards , spanning original, adapted and documentary screenplays. See the full list below.
Up for Original Screenplay are the scripts for Everything Everywhere All at Once, The Fabelmans, The Menu, Nope and Tár . Vying for Adapted Screenplay are Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery, She Said, Top Gun: Maverick and Women Talking .
Of the 10 nominees in the non-doc feature races, four are different from the Oscar nominations revealed Tuesday : The Menu and Nope in Original, and Wakanda Forever and She Said in Adapted.
Deadline's Awards Columnist Pete Hammond noted this month that the now-Oscar-nominated Original scripts for The Banshees of Inisherin and Triangle of Sadness are ineligible for WGA consideration , as are the Academy's Adapted nominees All Quiet on the Western Front and Living . Such exclusions happen every year because WGA-eligible pics must have been written under the guild's Minimum Basic Agreement or under a bona fide collective-bargaining agreement of various international WGA-affiliated organizations.
RELATED: USC Scripter Nominations Include Scribes For 'Top Gun: Maverick', 'Guillermo Del Toro's 'Pinocchio', More
That differs from other guild competitions including DGA, SAG and PGA awards.
Meanwhile, up for the WGA's Documentary Screenplay prize are 2nd Chance, Downfall: The Case Against Boeing, Last Flight Home, Moonage Daydream and ¡Viva Maestro!
RELATED: 2022-23 Awards Season Calendar – Dates For The Oscars, Grammys, Guilds & More
The guild revealed its TV screenplay noms two weeks ago. All awards will be handed out Sunday, March 5 , in dual ceremonies hosted by the WGA West and WGA East . See the latest changes to the eligibility and submission criteria for some of the WGA Awards categories here .
Here are the 2023 WGA Awards film nominees:
Everything Everywhere All At Once
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery
Top Gun: Maverick
Women Talking, Screenplay by Sarah Polley, Based upon the Book by Miriam Toews; Orion Pictures/MGM
Downfall: The Case Against Boeing
Last Flight Home
- Tom Cruise was rejected by Lewis Hamilton for Top Gun Maverick - 'Upsetting'
- ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Topping ‘Avengers’ Sequel As 12th Biggest Film In History
- Marcus Theatres Q2 Sales Surge Led By ‘Top Gun: Maverick’
- Box Office: ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Passes ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ As ‘Minions 2’ Bombs In China
- Box Office: ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Passes $1.4 Billion As ‘Bullet Train’ Tops $150 Million
- ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Filmmakers on Box Office Glory, Oscar Ambitions and Sequel Speculation
- Quentin Tarantino Calls ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ a ‘Spectacle’ He Never Thought He’d See Again: ‘I F—ing Love It’
- Box Office: 'Bullet Train' Repeats #1; 'Top Gun' Flies Back Up Ranks
- Biggest 2022 Movie Blockbusters—So Far: ‘Top Gun,’ ‘Doctor Strange,’‘Jurassic World,’ More
- Box Office: ‘Top Gun 2’ Passes $1.35 Billion As ‘Thor 4’ Tops ‘Thor 3’
- Saturn Awards Nominations: ‘The Batman’, ‘Nightmare Alley’, ‘Spider-Man’, ‘Better Call Saul’ Top List
- Top Gun is back at another slow weekend box office
- EXCLUSIVE: Batgirl actress Leslie Grace is seen for the first time in LA after 'awful' $90M film was SCRAPPED by Warner Bros
- Woodstock Film Festival To Honor Ethan Hawke, Awkwafina, ‘Leave No Trace’ Director Debra Granik And IFC Films Chief Arianna Bocco
- WGA West Board Candidates Address Wide Range Of Issues Ahead Of Next Year’s Contract Talks And Possible Strike
- 'Bullet Train' repeats No. 1; 'Top Gun' flies back up ranks
- International Box Office: Jordan Peele’s ‘Nope’ Opens With So-So $6 Million, Brad Pitt’s ‘Bullet Train’ Crosses $100 Million Globally
- ‘Bullet Train’ Repeats No. 1, ‘Top Gun’ Returns to Second Place as Box Office Nearly Grinds to Halt
- RRR Becomes 1st Indian Film To Be Nominated For Best Picture Category At HCA Awards
- Billboard Awards 2022: Latto brings the Big Energy to the red carpet at the awards show in Las Vegas
WGA Awards Film Nominations: ‘Everything Everywhere’, ‘Top Gun: Maverick’, ‘The Menu’, ‘Nope’ & More have 643 words, post on deadline.com at February 20, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.