Bizarre scene in the college basketball world Wednesday night … an Uber Eats delivery person walked onto the court in the middle of a game — halting play and leaving everyone in the arena scratching their heads.
The wild moment happened in the second half of the Loyola Chicago vs. Duquesne men’s basketball game at UPMC Cooper Fieldhouse in Pittsburgh … when a man dressed in yellow and holding a bag of McDonald’s goodies hit the hardwood right as the Dukes were trying to score a basket.
Stoppage in Play. Uber Eats delivery guy goes on court with food delivery in the middle of the Duquesne game. pic.twitter.com/rY4VFIsJnR
— Sickos Committee (@SickosCommittee) January 26, 2023 @SickosCommittee
Broadcast video shows a nearby ref trying his best to get the guy off the floor as the action kept moving forward … but the man appeared to be oblivious as he attempted to find his food’s intended target.
Eventually, the play was stopped — and the game’s broadcasters had to then describe what was happening.
“This guy’s in the corner — was he going to deliver the McDonald’s to somebody on the court?!” one announcer said.
“Who’s he delivering it to?!” the other said.
Everyone keeps asking me what happened with the door dash guy on the court at tonights game. Here was my angle. pic.twitter.com/QMY3nmw2tq
— Austin Hansen (@AustinHansenTV) January 26, 2023 @AustinHansenTV
According to video shot on the baseline, the deliverer had actually been asking people on the floor if they had ordered Door Dash. You can see in the clip he was ushered out of the area by an arena staffer, who told him, “You’ve got to get off the court, man!”
Some speculated it was all part of a prank — noting the person was wearing a microphone.
Either way, Duquesne head coach Keith Dambrot said afterward it was one of the most surreal scenes he’s ever been a part of.
Duquesne Coach Keith Dambrot on the Uber Eats incident: pic.twitter.com/uJIHSmmuwd
— A10 Talk (@A10Talk) January 26, 2023 @A10Talk
“Craziest thing I’ve ever seen in my life,” he said.
To their credit, Duquesne shook off the weird moment to cruise to a win … beating Loyola Chicago 72-58.
- Donte DiVincenzo continues Villanova’s trend of basketball success
- Crown league showcases some of Canada’s best in basketball
- Food delivery app AtYourGate aims to fulfil travellers’ cravings in airports
- ‘Lots more work to do’: Grab's Singapore head admits need to up transport game, rebuild ties
- This 27-year-old makes $500,000 every month playing ‘Fortnite’ in his bedroom — here’s how he does it
- How Big Colleges Prey On Fan Loyalty To Fight Back Against Scandals
- Netflix’s ‘Amateur’ director had to navigate real-life NCAA regulations in casting a 15 year old as a basketball star
- R.J. Barrett’s Duke game plan includes CN Tower and poutine
- Canadian women’s basketball star Kia Nurse gets chance to shine at home with UConn
- Behind Uber's slowing growth
- Uber wants to be the Uber of everything
- For Bataan’s Achie Iñigo, it’s more than the love of the game
- 7 simple lessons from the world’s greatest Uber driver
- Chris Boucher puts NBA back in play with Raptors 905 breakout
- Manila halts Muntinlupa’s streak in MPBL
- Get a 'Headstart' to basketball, volleyball grassroots development
- Change and basketball
- PBA: In 1988, Fernandez was benched for alleged game-fixing
- NBA G League player Zeke Upshaw has died after collapsing during game
- The 9 most ridiculous moments from Uber’s $245 million legal battle with Waymo
Uber Eats Delivery Person Interrupts College Basketball Game, Halts Play have 579 words, post on www.tmz.com at January 26, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.