A crowd of approximately 100 gathered outside Los Angeles Police Department headquarters Friday night in protest of the Memphis police beating of Tyre Nichols .
The protest saw LAPD officers in riot gear face off against the crowd, with one protester lobbing a firecracker at a patrol car. Later, a crowd banged on a police car with an officer inside.
The protests followed the release by Memphis police of video footage of Nichols' beating death at the hands of police there.
Metal barricades surrounded the LAPD headquarter, but were eventually torn down by the group.
Elsewhere, protests were seen in New York, Atlanta, Memphis, Portland, Oregon, Philadelphia, Boston and Seattle. Businesses boarded up windows and some federal employees were sent home early in anticipation of unrest later in the evening
- Meghan's low-key Thanksgiving! Duchess spotted preparing lunch for 300 homeless women in Los Angeles
- Trump Protesters March on for Fifth Day of Rallies
- Fentanyl's scourge plainly visible on streets of Los Angeles
- Fentanyl's Scourge Plainly Visible On Streets Of Los Angeles
- Cities Want to Return to Prepandemic Life. One Obstacle: Transit Crime.
- ACLU sues city of Phoenix to stop sweeps of homeless camp
- Catfish ex-cop drove 2,500 miles to find teenager before killing her family, police say
- ‘Deeply troubling’: How a police union worked to undermine California's landmark police shooting law
- Jewish communities thrived in early L.A. — and helped the city thrive
- Hong Kong police filmed shooting teen protester at close range
- S.F. abortion rights protester accuses city’s paramedics of kidnapping in lawsuit
- Day After Breonna Taylor Police Indictment, Cardi B Speaks Out
- Central Park Five Member Condemns Trump's Rhetoric Towards Protests
- Police Killing of Blacks 'Crimes Against Humanity': Independent Commission
- Letter Asks UN to Investigate U.S. Police Brutality Against Black Americans
- Jail Is a Death Sentence for a Growing Number of Americans
- How a ‘Golden Era for Large Cities’ Might Be Turning Into an ‘Urban Doom Loop’
- ANALYSIS: The Nation’s Most ‘Woke’ Cities Are Among The Most Racially Segregated
- NYC Pride parade bans police; Gay officers 'disheartened'
- Trudeau Defends Use of Emergencies Act During Trucker Protest
Tyre Nichols’ Death At Hands Of Memphis Police Protested By March In Downtown Los Angeles And Other Cities have 333 words, post on deadline.com at January 28, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.