A Polish tourist in Mexico got a crash course in Mayan history after climbing a sacred pyramid … locals were waiting for him when he got down, and one beat him with a stick.
The wild scene, which was captured on video, played out over the weekend at the famous Chichén Itzá archaeological site in Mexico’s Yucatan.
In the viral footage, you see the tourist coming down the Kukulkan pyramid’s steps … and when he gets to the bottom, he’s confronted by an angry mob … including a shirtless man with a huge stick who bonks the tourist on the head as others show their displeasure.
The issue for locals … the Mayan temple is considered one of the New Seven Wonders of the World and it’s illegal to climb the pyramid.
The tourist is reportedly from Poland, and was arrested Saturday and released after 12 hours in custody.
Adding insult to injury, the tourist was also slapped with a fine of $5,000 pesos … but the stick to the head’s gotta hurt worse.
TikTok / @angelalopeze
Climbing the pyramid for clout appears to be part of a disrespectful trend … back in November, a female tourist climbed the same sacred structure and was assaulted by an angry mob.
- Civilization 6 Culture Victory explained - how to earn Foreign Tourists, Domestic Tourists, and Tourism in Civ 6
- Shocking moment woman who missed her high-speed train tries to stop the carriage from leaving by sticking her foot in the platform gap
- Ventana Sur 2019: Big New Titles, Argentina-Mexico, Deals, Trends
- Brave French grandmother fought off two dingoes for half an hour using just a stick to protect her daughter and grandson as the wild animals viciously mauled her family
- How rich hippies and developers went to war over Instagram’s favourite beach
- Sweet Trading: Chocolate May Have Linked Prehistoric Civilizations
- New York's Hudson Yards is an ultra-capitalist Forbidden City
- Confirmed: Mysterious ancient Maya book, Grolier Codex, is genuine
- Teacher penned own obituary before cancer death, told friends to 'let go of the insignificant things'
- We Saw Nuns Kill Children: The Ghosts of St. Joseph’s Catholic Orphanage
- Agency photographer of the year 2018: Hannah McKay
- Don Winslow Digs Into Modern Drug War With New Novel ‘The Border’
- 'Defend democracy and freedom!' Germany's Angela Merkel pins symbolic rose to remains of the Berlin Wall and issues emotional call as country marks the 30th anniversary of the fall of the Cold War relic
- 'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Caught on Video Chasing Down Police Who Arrested Sex Cult Leader
- The Life and Death of the ‘Children of God’ Messiah
- Tales of the underworld
- ‘That thing gnawing away at all of us’: Calais and the shantytown on its doorstep
- India’s queen bee & the secret society of social butterflies
- Linda Ronstadt's delicious takedown of Mike Pompeo
- Eats shoots and flees: Pandas abandon their bamboo leaves and scramble up a tree as earthquake hits China
Tourist Beaten With Stick After Climbing Mexico's Chichén Itzá Pyramid have 467 words, post on www.tmz.com at January 30, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.