Actress Priscilla Presley has filed a petition to challenge the validity of her late daughter Lisa Marie Presley 's will. Lisa Marie died on January 12 at age 54 after suffering cardiac arrest.
Her mother's legal action disputes a 2016 amendment to Lisa Marie's will that excised Priscilla as trustee of the estate. However, Priscilla Presley's lawyers argue that the document misspelled her name and bears a signature that "appears inconsistent with (Lisa Marie's) usual and customary signature," according to multiple media reports.
In the filing to the Los Angeles Superior Court last Thursday, Priscilla Presley's attorneys said she only became aware of the "purported 2016 amendment" after Lisa Marie's death. Lawyers also contend the amendment was never delivered to their client during Lisa Marie's lifetime, "as required by the express terms of the trust," and that the document was neither witnessed nor notarized.
The amendment removes Priscilla and Lisa Marie's former business manager, Barry Siegel, as co-trustees and replaces them with Lisa Marie's eldest children Riley and Benjamin Keough. The latter died in 2020.
According to the Los Angeles Times , the filing notes that Priscilla Presley believes Siegel "has already or will soon resign as co-trustee" which would see Riley Keough appointed co-trustee with her grandmother.
"The Purported 2016 Amendment should be deemed invalid and the Trust, as amended and completely restated in 2010 is the controlling and authoritative document and its terms administered," the petition says.
A public memorial service was held for Lisa Marie last week at Graceland, during which Priscilla shared a poem by one of Lisa Marie's daughters and said, "Our heart is broken, Lisa. We all love you."
- Marie Osmond, 58, puts her arm around pal Priscilla Presley
- Famous people born today – celebrity birthdays for May 24 – Dermot O’Leary, Bob Dylan and Priscilla Presley
- Elvis 'sings' new duet with daughter Lisa
- Weirdest Elvis conspiracy theories as ex-wife Priscilla claims he killed himself
- Do clues shown in Elvis Presley: The Searcher prove the King’s ‘accidental’ death was really suicide?
- Depressed superstar Elvis Presley 'killed himself and left suicide notes'
- Elvis Presley drug death secret revealed as ex wife says he committed suicide
- Lisa Armstrong’s best friend slams Ant McPartlin’s ‘appalling behaviour’ towards his ex and tells him to ‘go back to rehab’
- Who is James McAvoy, when was he married to Anne-Marie Duff and who is the Sherlock Gnomes actor’s new girlfriend Lisa Liberati?
- Dear Mary: How do you deal with a monologuing fellow guest on board a yacht?
- Mary Wilson, widow of ex-PM Harold, dies
- How old is Heather Locklear, why is she in hospital, how young was she in Melrose Place and who are her ex-husbands and daughter?
- Grangemouth worker completes seven triathlons in seven days in honour of late auntie
- Ross in triathlon test for late auntie
- Elvis's rusted private jet for sale after 36 years sitting on airstrip
- Tuesday's best TV: The Split, Cunk On Britain and Paterno
- Weird Suffolk: Leiston’s devil dog
- Woman beaten in front of her children lives in fear of bumping into her ex
- Bill Cosby retrial, Day 4: 5th and final additional accuser testifies she trusted 'America's Dad'
- Page 3 icons rally round former Sun glamour girl Belinda Gilfoyle battling cancer after being given just MONTHS to live
Priscilla Presley Challenges Validity Of Late Daughter Lisa Marie’s Will have 555 words, post on deadline.com at January 31, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.