Carol Welch is leaving Odeon Cinemas Group.
The cinema chain's Managing Director, UK and Ireland, and Commercial Officer, Europe, has resigned after six years.
She is moving to become CEO of AF Blakemore, a large family-owned retail and food distributor in the UK.
Odeon has decided to revert its commercial leadership to a standalone position following her exit. Chris Bates, Commercial Director UKI & Europe, has been promoted to the role of Chief Commercial Officer. This extends his current remit as European Commercial Director and he will also be joining Odeon's Executive Committee.
The appointment of a new Managing Director UK & Ireland is in its "final stages," the group said, adding it would "provide a further update once the position has been filled."
Mark Way, Managing Director Odeon Cinemas Group, said: "While very sad to see Carol leave, we are delighted for her, and I would like to congratulate her for everything she has achieved at Odeon over the last six years and thank her for her passion, dedication, and commitment to our colleagues and guests. Carol has made a significant difference to our business both in the UK and across Europe, and we wish her all the best in her new role.
"I would also like to congratulate Chris for his well-deserved promotion to Chief Commercial Officer. Chris is a highly experienced Commercial Director and has worked alongside Carol for several years."
- What are Brexit contingency plans for retailers and farmers?
- Boohoo boss in line for £50m bonus if share price rises by 180%
- Former Asda director takes helm of Amazon’s UK operations
- Who is Ben Cook, what is the Run DMC row and when did the Atlantic Records boss resign?
- Marks & Spencer's head of clothing quits retailer after sales slip
- Blockbuster joins UK retail casualty list and calls in the administrators
- New Co-op storm as board awards bosses huge pay and bonus deals
- Superdry’s new bosses try to calm nerves after boardroom coup
- Youngest boss of a listed UK company steers father's Footasylum on to the stock market
- Co-op chaos: chief executive quits 'ungovernable' group after pay furore
- What is a no-deal Brexit? 21 ways you'd be affected if UK leaves EU with no deal
- Thomas Cook staff in tears as they discover their jobs are SAVED by ‘Britain’s best boss’ at Hays Travel
- 179 companies fined for not paying minimum wage, including Wagamama and TGI Fridays
- 50 of the best hotels and B&Bs in the UK
- Mothercare looks to protect its UK pension schemes
- Trump vows 'phenomenal' post-Brexit trade deal during UK visit
- Michael O'Leary: Ryanair's outspoken boss
- M&S finance chief Humphrey Singer quits in fresh blow to retailer
- Sony Music U.K. Acquires Kontraband Merchandise Company
- Debenhams store closures list: 22 branches across UK that have been axed
Odeon Cinemas Group UK & Ireland Boss Carol Welch Exits To Join Retail Company have 460 words, post on deadline.com at January 26, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.