Bobby Hull — one of the greatest hockey players of all time — passed away early Monday morning, the NHL Alumni Association announced. He was 84 years old.
Known as the “Golden Jet,” Hull is the all-time leading scorer in Chicago Blackhawks history with 604 goals … and led the league in scoring seven different seasons. He was named the NHL’s most valuable player twice — in the 1964-65 and 1965-66 seasons.
He was also a 12-time All-Star.
Hull played for the Blackhawks for 15 seasons … leading Chicago to a Stanley Cup win in 1961.
Hull also played for the Winnipeg Jets and Hartford Whalers before retiring after the 1979-80 season.
The NHL Alumni Association released a tweet on Hull’s passing … saying, “Hull was a driven player who always gave fans a memorable experience at every game and brought them to their feet.”
“‘The Golden Jet’ was never in a rush to sign every autograph as an ambassador for the Blackhawks, one of his favourite accomplishments.”
Bobby is the father of Brett Hull — who also went on to have a stellar pro hockey career in his own right — and Bobby Jr , Michelle , Bart and Blake .
“We send our deepest condolences to Bobby's family, friends, former teammates, and Blackhawks organization during this very difficult time,” the NHL AA added.
Hull — who served as the Blackhawks’ team ambassador until 2022 — was embroiled in controversy off the ice … and was infamously quoted saying Adolf Hitler “had some good ideas.” He later denied making the comment … saying, “false and defamatory.”
- B.B. King, Blues Legend, Dead at 89
- Killorn, Johnson lead Lightning in 6-4 win over Sabres
- Alex Ovechkin passes Mario Lemieux for 10th on all-time goals scored list with hat trick
- Alex Ovechkin ties Mario Lemieux on all-time goals scored list
- How to stream UFC 246 PPV McGregor-Cowboy on Jan. 18
- What’s on TV Tuesday: ‘Crisis on Infinite Earths’ concludes on the CW
- Here are the victims of the Las Vegas shooting
- Watch WWE security mistakenly beat up actor who ran into RAW ring… without realising he was a part of storyline
- Grammy nominations 2017: Beyoncé and Drake lead the pack
- Control and Death Stranding receive most nominations for the 23rd DICE Awards
- Stranger Things golden girl Natalia Dyer cuddles up to co-star boyfriend Charlie Heaton at SAG Awards
- Funk’s Founding Father: James Brown, 1933-2006
- The famous stars who have bedded thousands of women, after Love Island’s Connor shocks fans with 100 ex-lovers bombshell
- All the projects coming to Quibi, Jeffrey Katzenberg's bite-size streaming service
- Black Canary To Get New Love Interest In Arrow Season 6
- Taylor Swift doc among movies headed to 2020 Sundance Film Festival
- Movies on TV this week: Jan. 19-25: ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’
- turns 30, the most perfect B movie creature feature ever made
- The Complete Works: Ranking All 121 Billy Joel Songs
- 'Sons of Anarchy': What the Cast Is Doing Now
NHL Legend Bobby Hull Dead At 84 have 464 words, post on www.tmz.com at January 30, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.