Netflix has been forced to defend the conditions on its upcoming Squid Game : The Challenge reality series following reports of freezing cold temperatures and a contestant having to be stretchered off during the Red Light, Green Light game.
In amidst UK temperatures that have dropped below freezing during the day, Netflix and producers Studio Lambert and The Garden said "while it was very cold on set – and participants were prepared for that – any claims of serious injury are untrue."
"We care deeply about the health and safety of our cast and crew, and invested in all the appropriate safety procedures," added the statement.
According to The Sun, at least one contestant had to be taken away using a stretcher after playing the game Red Light, Green Light – in which they have to remain motionless to win for hours. Others said they experienced frostbite and felt unwell.
All3Media-owned Gogglebox producer Studio Lambert and ITV Studios-backed The Garden are co-producing Squid Game: The Challenge , which is one of Netflix's most eye-catching non-scripted titles in production at the moment – aiming to take advantage of the colossal success of South Korea's Squid Gam e. A second season of the thriller is also in the offing.
With 456 contestants lured from around the world and a $4.56M cash prize, the format recreates real life versions of the games played in Squid Game, albeit without the murderous endings. Other games from the series included Tug of War, Marbles and Hopscotch.
- A year after its release, 'Squid Game' proves K-content is not a passing trend
- Netflix’s Squid Game lands incredible 14 Emmy nominations – and makes history in process
- ‘Wanna play a game?’: How to apply to be on Squid Game reality spin-off series as final casting call is announced
- ‘Squid Game’ Creator Addresses Concerns That Netflix’s Real-Life Competition Spinoff Is Problematic
- Squid Game star Lee Jung-jae sparks concern with worrying update on season 2 script
- Netflix drops never-seen-before clip from Squid Game season 1 revealing ‘shocking’ identity of survival game’s mastermind
- Netflix Releases Unseen Video For ‘Squid Game’ Alongside ‘Money Heist: Korea’ And ‘Hellbound’ Season Two Teaser Clips
- Leonardo DiCaprio ‘could star in Squid Game one day’, says director of Netflix series
- Hellbound 2, Money Heist Korea 2 Trailers, Squid Game Unreleased Clip Drop at Netflix Korea Tudum Event
- Squid Game reality show isn't the apocalypse, per Hwang Dong-hyuk
- E!’s Slate Includes Gucci Miniseries, More ‘Rich Kids’, New Kardashian Offshoots, Christina Milian & Lance Bass Reality Series
- Squid Game Creator Reacts To Controversy Over The Reality Game Show
- Netflix 'Squid Game' turns into reality show 'Squid Game: The Challenge'
- Leonardo DiCaprio Could be Asked to Join ‘Squid Game’ Cast, Season 2 Set for 2024, Says Director Hwang Dong-hyuk
- Squid Game, Succession, Ted Lasso vie for Emmy Awards
- Derek Fisher Reality Series In The Works At Maverick TV As All3Media Producer Hires Helga Eike As Head of Development
- Selena Gomez sets temperatures soaring with her white beaded halter dress as she SKIPS the red carpet at the 2022 Emmy Awards
- Konami's roleplaying games Suikoden 1, Suikoden 2 to get remastered. See details
- Was Glenda Cleveland from Netflix's Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story a real person or fictional?
- Netflix's ‘Dead to Me’ final season: Check out the premiere date
Netflix Forced To Defend Conditions On ‘Squid Game: The Challenge’ Reality Series Following Freezing Temperatures have 526 words, post on deadline.com at January 25, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.