Lisa Marie Presley was millions of dollars in debt at the end of her life, but the moment she died, her estate was flush with cash — to the tune of $35 million.
Family sources tell TMZ … Lisa had taken out 2 life insurance policies — one for $25 million, and another for $10 million. Our sources say there may be a third $10 million policy, but it’s unclear if it’s lapsed.
What’s even more shocking … our sources say Lisa was trying to cash in the $25 million policy to pay some of the debts she owed, totaling $4 million. We’re told she had notified the insurance company and filled out the paperwork to get a lump sum of just $2 million. We’re told there was a screwup in the paperwork so the policy was never cashed in.
Our sources say Lisa was $4 million in debt when she died … of that she owed $2.5 million to the IRS. We’ve learned Lisa blew through $100 million during her adult years.
When the debts are cleared, there will be around $30 million (assuming the third policy lapsed) to distribute. We’re told Lisa’s 3 kids, Riley Keough and 14-year-old twins, Finley and Harper Lockwood , were named beneficiaries and will receive equal amounts.
Since the twins are minors, the money will go into a trust. This is where a family conflict is starting to erupt. As we reported, Lisa created a trust in 2010, naming her mom and her former business manager, Barry Siegel , as trustees.
Lisa amended the trust in 2016, cutting Priscilla and Siegel out as trustees and naming her daughter Riley and Son Benjamin in their place. As we reported, Priscilla filed legal docs Friday, challenging the validity of the amendment. Presumably, she still wants to be trustee of what now amounts to a fortune.
TMZ has prepared a documentary — “TMZ Investigates Lisa Marie Presley: Unending Tragedy” — which breaks news on cause of death, money and brewing custody/visitation disputes. The doc airs tonight, January 30, on FOX at 8 PM.
- Michael Jackson’s most explosive secrets to be exposed in most intimate ‘tell all’ book yet as ex wife Lisa Marie Presley pens $4 million deal
- Battle brewing over how to get more relief money to Americans
- Lisa Armstrong dons rainbow T-shirt to show her support for the NHS in sunny selfie... after 'finalising £31 million divorce from Ant McPartlin'
- Lisa Armstrong sunbathes in blue bikini during coronavirus lockdown... after 'finalising £31million divorce from Ant McPartlin'
- 'I sometimes treat men like they're disposable': Megan Thee Stallion talks keeping the control in her dating life as her stunning Marie Claire cover is unveiled
- Lisa Armstrong likes 'cheated on' tweet after settling divorce from Ant McPartlin
- Wapic Insurance offers health workers 15% premium rebates on new policy uptake
- Priscilla Presley says Elvis was determined to impress her parents, despite their age difference
- Ant McPartlin joins girlfriend Anne-Marie Corbett in clapping for the NHS during weekly salute after finalising £31m divorce from ex Lisa Armstrong
- Coronavirus live updates: U.S. surpasses 1 million cases in galloping pandemic
- Ant McPartlin’s ex-wife Lisa Armstrong breaks silence following their divorce
- LV= is offering up to £50 cash grants or car insurance refunds – here’s how to apply
- Federal Government warned of cost blowout in National Disability Insurance Scheme rollout
- Insurers provide N11bn life cover for COVID-19 health workers
- Reverend Richard Coles announces death of his sister-in-law Louise following COVID-19 battle four months after losing his partner David
- Love Island 'is plunged into crisis as insurance concerns spark MORE doubts the summer series will go ahead amid coronavirus fears'
- Families of NHS and care heroes killed in coronavirus line of duty will get £60,000 payout in armed forces-style life assurance policy
- Woman, 35, who stockpiled £2,500 of masks, gloves and face shields refuses to donate any to the NHS as they 'should have been more prepared'
- Kevin Roberts 'stumbled' explaining Cricket Australia's financial battle - Malcolm Speed
- Irrfan Khan's Wife Pens Eulogy: The Only Thing I've Grudge Against Him Is He Has Spoilt Me For Life
Lisa Marie Presley Had $35 Million in Life Insurance, Battle Brewing have 649 words, post on www.tmz.com at January 30, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.