Tyre Nichols ‘ family is getting support from the one family that probably best understands their pain — George Floyd ‘s loved ones will be at Tyre’s funeral for a face-to-face meeting.
Famed civil rights attorney, Ben Crump is representing the Nichols family — just as he did for George’s — and he tells TMZ … several members of the Floyd family will be at the ceremony Wednesday in Memphis.
Memphis Police Department
We’re told the Floyds sent their condolences to Tyre’s family after he was so badly beaten by Memphis police, he ended up in a hospital and died — but the families have yet to meet in person.
That will change when they meet up at the Mississippi Boulevard Christian Church in Memphis for the funeral.
Meanwhile, Crump tells us Tyre’s family has been invited to join ongoing efforts to get the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act passed by Congress … and they’re all on board.
We’re told President Biden — who spoke to Tyre’s mom, RowVaughn Wells , and stepfather, Rodney Wells , Friday — is trying to get Congress to turn its focus back on federal police reform legislation. He’s invited Tyre’s folks to be part of the push to get it signed into law.
A White House official tells TMZ … the administration is sending 4 dignitaries to the funeral, including senior advisor, and former Atlanta mayor, Keisha Lance Bottoms .
Earlier today in the Oval Office, I met with George Floyd's family. They've shown extraordinary courage over the last year, especially his young daughter Gianna, who I met again today. The day before her father's funeral, she told me, "Daddy changed the world." pic.twitter.com/gGIKqVIEFk
— President Biden (@POTUS) May 25, 2021 @POTUS
Crump says Tyre’s kin will schedule meetings with lawmakers and continue speaking out in favor of police reform — 2 things the Floyd family’s been doing since George was murdered by Minneapolis police.
The George Floyd Justice in Policing Act passed the House in 2021, but stalled in the Senate. Biden renewed his call to pass the act Friday — after the Tyre arrest body cam was released — and is urging Republicans in Congress to help Democrats pass police reform.
- Jim Davidson rants Diversity ‘should do mugging dance’ & they ‘don’t give a f*** about George Floyd’ after BGT storm
- Putin's final snub for Gorbachev: Vladimir WON'T attend Soviet leader's funeral on Saturday because he is 'too busy'
- How the Queen's funeral will break with centuries of tradition — and how you can watch it
- King Charles news RECAP: King makes changes to Royal Family with love for Harry and Meghan
- Operation London Bridge: What to expect in the days leading up to Queen Elizabeth II's funeral
- Vladimir Putin's Mikhail Gorbachev funeral nightmare as he fears exposing health to west
- Queen Elizabeth’s death: Who will attend Her Majesty’s funeral?
- Royal Family: Kate and William hatch new masterplan to scupper Meghan and Harry in US
- Queen Elizabeth II's funeral: Will Prince George and other royal children attend?
- The Queen's funeral: Royal guests, date, location and special details revealed
- Queen: Kate Middleton & Meghan Markle must follow parenting rules at funeral
- The sign that Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis will all attend the Queen's funeral
- Royal Family: 'Poor thing' expert spots 'distressing' detail in new Queen photo
- Prince Philip’s funeral will be at St George’s Chapel where Meghan Markle and Prince Harry married
- The Queen’s funeral: What is a state funeral and who else has had one?
- What to expect over the next 10 days ahead of the Queen’s funeral
- One million grieving mourners expected to queue to see Queen's coffin before her funeral
- Inside the beloved Queen’s state funeral plans – from route and date to location
- How Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral will break centuries of royal tradition
- World leaders to travel to Queen Elizabeth II's funeral by bus with state cars banned
George Floyd's Family Will Attend Tyre Nichols' Funeral have 649 words, post on www.tmz.com at January 31, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.