CNN will start showing the post-show Overtime segments from HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher as part of its Friday edition of CNN Tonight .
The segments will start this Friday at 11:30 PM ET.
The Overtime segments have up to now been posted online and promoted to viewers of Real Time . They feature Maher and his guests continuing their discussion on a range of topics and answering viewer questions.
The scheduling of the segments is the latest move by CNN Worldwide chairman and CEO Chris Licht to bolster the network's primetime and late-night lineup. He has not yet named a permanent show for the 9 PM ET timeslot, and sources say that one of the ideas considered has been to schedule a non-traditional host, such as a comedian, for that time period. But a range of options have been considered. Licht told the Los Angeles Times, "We are in conversations with culturally relevant individuals from the worlds of entertainment, sports and comedy who can bring fresh and unique perspectives to the news."
In 2021, Fox News bumped an 11 PM ET newscast to midnight to make way for a nightly series featuring commentator and comedian Greg Gutfeld, a move that turned out to be a ratings success.
Real Time recently debuted its 21st season.
The executive producers of Real Time are Bill Maher, Sheila Griffiths, Marc Gurvitz, Dean Johnsen, Billy Martin. The co-executive producer is Chris Kelly, producer is Matt Wood, and director is Paul Casey.
This is also the latest CNN collaboration with another Warner Bros. Discovery entity. After CNN+ was shut down last year, one of its shows, Who's Talking to Chris Wallace? , was moved to HBOMax, with new episodes dropping on Fridays followed by best-of shows on CNN on Sunday nights. Last year, when CNN underwent layoffs, the network announced that Investigation Discovery would oversee the lineup of true crime programming on HLN.
- B.J. Novak Shuts Down Bill Maher’s ‘Cancel Culture’ Nonsense
- Maher: Some Increased IRS Funding Will Be Used to Audit Middle-Class
- Maher: 'Terrorists Are Running Wild' with Taliban Cooperation in Afghanistan -- Biden Messed up Withdrawal
- Fox News beaten in ratings by both CNN and MSNBC for first time in 20 years
- Bill Maher Made the Case for Shopping Malls on "Real Time"
- David Duchovny Talked Writing and Weed With Bill Maher
- CNN Host Hammers Tucker for ‘Anti-White Mania’ Segment: ‘He Is White Rage!’
- A 'Middle East NATO'? Why Iran is closely watching Biden's regional trip
- Opinion: Mitch McConnell just made the 2022 election about Trump's political future
- Editor Daily Rundown: Maxine Waters Tells Protesters ‘To Get More Confrontational’
- Editor Daily Rundown: Racist Shooter Targets Buffalo Supermarket
- Was SNL’s Take on Sarah Huckabee Sanders Sexist?
- Mike Turner confronted over doxxed FBI agents in tense interview
- Trump in "very substantial legal jeopardy" after FBI search: Conway
- Inside The Content Factory Behind ‘The Tonight Show,’ Which Just Hit 30 Million Subscribers On YouTube
- UA Elite 24: Highly-regarded sophomore Bryson Tiller is focused on his development
- China must show it's not an 'agent of instability' on Taiwan, US Ambassador to China says
- A new North Korean missile has the capacity hit LA and New York, experts say
- Editor Daily Rundown: Biden Sells Off America’s Emergency Oil Reserves To Communist China
- Editor Daily Rundown: Leftists Seek To ‘Blockade’ Supreme Court
CNN To Show Bill Maher’s ‘Overtime’ Segments As Part Of Friday Night Programming have 540 words, post on deadline.com at January 30, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.