EXCLUSIVE : British podcasting outfit Novel is hoping to helm the next generation of podcast -to-screen adaptations after securing £5M ($6.2M) of investment from growth capital investor VGC Partners.
Novel, which calls itself the UK's fastest-growing independent podcast company, has now closed its Series A round of funding and VGC is sole investor.
On the horizon for The Bellingcat Podcast and Superhero Complex outfit is a drive to establish a network of originals and adapt podcast IP into TV and film projects. Deadline revealed Universal Studio Group Acquisitions exec Neil Krishnan was joining Novel to oversee the TV and film push in October.
The £5M investment will also be used to "accelerate growth with strategic partners," according to Novel.
"Now is the time to take the skills we've honed working with industry-leading partners and apply them to content we fully own," said Sean Glynn, Novel Founder and CEO. "We've recruited a highly experienced international team to deliver a rich and varied slate of original shows."
The 50-staff company has been growing of late, signing PRX and Radiotopia exec Julie Shapiro as Executive Creative Director and execs from The Daily and Today in Focus .
Glynn runs Novel with Chief Content Officer Max O'Brien and Managing Director Matt O'Mara (pictured).
- Film Review - 300
- Pride and Prejudice Among 5 Films That Are Just Terrible
- Great British Comedy Writers - George Layton
- Ruth Wilson stuns in a belted red jumpsuit as she makes a glam arrival at the His Dark Materials premiere
- Martin Scorsese
- An Interview with Cape Cod Author Bernard Cornwell
- The 10 Most Popular Movies Of All Time -- A Cheat Sheet (Part 2)
- Interesting Facts About Inspector Morse
- Who is watching You?
- An Iraqi Intifada? The Wild-Weird And Ferocious Counter-Surge
- Indian Fashion Industry
- Growth of Computer Games and the Players
- MobiTV and Visual Stimulation Imput for Personal Cognitive Performance
British Podcast Outfit Novel Secures $6.2M To Push Into TV & Film Adaptations have 311 words, post on deadline.com at January 31, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.