Brandon Moreno says he’s had his last fight with Deiveson Figueiredo and is moving on with his career and life … but the 125 lb. champ tells TMZ Sports he has absolutely no bad blood with his rival, though he’s not sure the feeling’s mutual.
We talked to Moreno just days after he defeated the 35-year-old former champion … and we asked Brandon if he could see himself actually becoming friends with Deiveson.
“Yes, of course. I never feel nothing bad against him. The bad blood was a little bit because he was talking a lot of s**t about me in some interviews.”
Moreno continued … “After the fight, for example, I went with him and tried to shake hands. He didn’t. I have a lot of respect for him. At the end, he was trying to sell the fight to get something for his family and I respect that because it’s the same with me. I’m just doing this for my family.”
We also asked Moreno if he foresaw a 5th fight between him and Figgy.
“Hopefully, no. I’m done. It was nice and we built something huge together. Even for the people, they don’t want to see another between us. The smart people understand why we made four fights together, but for sure they don’t want to see the fifth one.”
“I need to pass the page. I need to rest my body and my mind. But, at the same time, I want to be active and I want to start to put more statements in this division and I want to keep building my legacy.”
There’s much more.
We also asked Moreno if believed he was the best/most accomplished flyweight in UFC history (obvious contenders are Demetrious Johnson and Henry Cejudo ), when he plans to get back in the Octagon, and who he wants to fight.
Check out the clips!
- No bad blood: Meghan Markle's half-brother ready to apologise to her
- Q&A: Incubus’ Brandon Boyd On Twenty Years Of ‘Morning View’
- Southwest Airlines faces boycott threats after pilot's reported use of "let's go Brandon"
- 'Back 4 Blood' ignores players' demands with a tacked-on single player mode
- Back 4 Blood review - weird but wonderfully moreish horde shooter
- Gogglebox’s Tom Malone Jnr opens up about quitter Paige Deville and why he fears his family could be axed
- Andy Murray knocked out of ATP European Open by Diego Schwartzman
- John Lithgow says 'Dexter' return as Trinity Killer will be a "hydrogen bomb going off"
- For the Capitals in the opener, something for - and from - everyone
- Blood is thicker than water, maybe, but Ice beckons as Game Of Thrones closes its season (experts)
- Tucker Carlson: 'Let's go Brandon' chants are demonstrations of pro-Biden unity
- SET VISIT: Fede Alvarez Talks Blood Rain, Rape Vines, an NC-17, and Evil Dead
- Coldplay’s X&Y was its first very bad album—and its first no. 1
- Parting shots: Bad SEC officials and unruly fans is a feature, not a bug
- Showtime's 'Dexter: New Blood' tests monstrous family bonds
- Cold weather can cause ‘winter vagina’ – and it’s bad news for your sex life
- Crew member unknowingly handed Baldwin loaded gun before film set death, police say
- I had to quit my job after ditching eczema steroids – my sheets were covered with blood & showers made me cry with pain
- Katie Price says mentioning ex Peter Andre’s name to son Harvey ‘stresses him out’
- Lakers’ Opener Shows Their Stars Are Not Yet Aligned
Brandon Moreno Says He Has No Bad Blood W/ Figueiredo, Open To Truce have 580 words, post on www.tmz.com at January 28, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.