The Berlinale 's European Film Market (February 16-22) has unveiled a pioneering initiative offering a phone and laptop-free "safe space" where delegates can reflect and decompress.
Called the Room Of Stillness, the space is situated in the Documentation Centre for Displacement, Expulsion, Reconciliation, which is a five-minute walk around the corner from the market's main Gropius Bau hub.
"It's a space where you can recharge, reflect, even just take a minute to calm down," explains EFM director Dennis Ruh.
"It's part of our campaign around mental health and life balance in the film industry which we began some years ago."
The Documentation Centre, which opened in the summer of 2021 with a focus on politically, ethnically and religiously motivated forced migrations in the 20th Century, will host most of EFM's industry talks and conferences this year.
In addition to the Room of Silence, the EFM will also offer an event bannered "Monday For Mindfulness", exploring the benefits of meditation and mindfulness and consisting of workshops offering advice and tools on self-care.
"We came up with the idea with Karlovy Vary. We will see how it goes. We may create a small alliance of markets and festivals to put a spotlight on the issues of mental health and life balance which are important ones for the film industry and its professionals," explained Ruh.
- Mum spends 150 days in hospital and experts still can't tell her what's wrong
- 'My hand's on Prince Harry's bottom!': Moment red-faced Invictus competitor posing for group snap accidentally touches the Duke's derrière - after he unveils 65 wounded heroes in Team UK
- How to Help a Loved One with a Mental Illness
- Here are 64 startups that launched today at Y Combinator’s W18 Demo Day 1
- Holocaust memorial with 'victim ashes' erected in Berlin
- Feeling festive! James Middleton and his fiancee Alizee looked loved-up during a rare public outing as they pick out a Christmas tree in Battersea park
- Cola brands get a health scare
- 5 Steps to Reduce Stigma About Mental Illness
- Clean Room
- FSAstore.com launches “Know Your Balance Challenge” encouraging millions of FSA users to use -- not lose -- their remaining FSA funds before the 12/31 deadline
- The London Podcast Festival wants to push you out of your comfort zone
- Pulp, Team Dresch, and Autechre were the true alternative in 1995
- NYC Health Department After Deaths Of 2 Children: Get Your Flu Shot Now
- Feature: "A great thing to do" -- British school kids enjoy Chinese health Qigong
- Boris goes for the kill: Johnson says Theresa May's deal is 'dead' but the Prime Minister should still step aside even if it is defeated... a day after he agreed to back the plan if she quit as PM after Brexit
- Facebook Marketplace is a black market for ILLEGAL knock-off designer goods – including Gucci scarves, Louboutin heels and World Cup footie shirts
- Casey Batchelor EXCLUSIVE: Star reveals she's finding second pregnancy easier despite feeling like a 'ballooned cushion'… as she launches yoga programme for expectant mums
- You're With Me: 5 Team Board Games You Should Play
- Startup behind the Lambo of vaporizers just launched an intelligent e-cigarette
- 'You don't ever get over it': meet the British soldiers living with post-traumatic stress disorder
Berlin’s EFM Launches “Room Of Stillness” For Mental Health Awareness, May Team With Other Festivals & Markets have 533 words, post on deadline.com at January 26, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.