“Burrowhead” is dead in the Bengals’ locker room … at least, that’s according to Cincinnati star kicker Evan McPherson , who tells TMZ Sports the jab was a one-time thing that the team is definitely not using as a rallying cry heading into the big game against the Chiefs.
Cincy defensive back Mike Hilton coined the term following the Bengals’ playoff victory over the Bills last weekend … using it as a way to describe Joe Burrow ‘s recent dominance over Patrick Mahomes , K.C. and Arrowhead Stadium.
Hilton was celebrating, and a hot mic captured him yelling, “We’ll see ya’ll in Burrowhead!” in this week’s AFC Championship Game.
. @MikeHilton_28 and the @Bengals made a statement Sunday ‼ pic.twitter.com/WjNFB46aNo
— NFL Films (@NFLFilms) January 25, 2023 @NFLFilms
K.C. players have appeared to use it as motivation and bulletin board material … but McPherson explained it’s not a jab the Bengals are saying regularly — if at all anymore.
“I think that was just something Mike Hilton said,” McPherson told us.
“I haven’t heard ‘Burrowhead’ in the locker room. I just seen it on the videos. So I think it was just kind of one of those media things.”
To be fair, Burrow has been dominant when playing the Chiefs — and in the AFC Championship Game at Arrowhead last year, he played well, winning in overtime. McPherson, though, told us he and the guys are staying as humble as possible, not gloating about it all at practices and workouts.
“Obviously, it seems like Joe and the Bengals, as of late, have the Chiefs’ number,” McPherson said. “As a team, we’re really taught to take it one game at a time and separate all those.”
We also spoke with McPherson about kicking in big games, Burrow’s swag, and, yes, even the upcoming Rihanna Super Bowl halftime show. Check out the convo — as most things involving McPherson are, it’s money.
- WB: 60 arrested after clash erupted between police, Hindu Jagaran Manch members
- SC orders Kolkata top cop to appear before CBI, stays his arrest
- WB Police SI Admit Card 2019 released: Exam date here
- 49ers’ well-traveled Raheem Mostert is finally feeling the NFL love
- NFL roundup: Ravens sink 49ers on last-play FG
- The Millennium Dome 20 years on… revisiting a very British fiasco
- Why You Can't Talk About Pop Culture Like You Talk About Sports
- NFL Week 14 picks, odds, how to watch, stream: Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs upset Patriots in Foxboro
- TMC to oppose CAB that is likely to be tabled in Parliament next week
- Racing! Del Mar finishes its fall meeting
- The Hill's Morning Report - Intel panel readies to hand off impeachment baton
- False Idol — Why the Christian Right Worships Donald Trump
- Remembering Lynyrd Skynyrd’s Deadly 1977 Plane Crash
- WW1 FPS Verdun On Xbox One Gets Free Remaster
- Does Raising a Dog's Excitement Level Improve Performance?
- Nigel Farage vows to press charges against 'radicalised Remainer' who pelted him with a £5.25 MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend
- Antisemitism on rise across Europe 'in worst times since the Nazis'
- What a decade it's been! From the most joyous occasions to the moments that shocked us, Reuters' best images from the last ten years captured them all
- NATO leaders downplay divisions threatening military alliance
- France: can poster girl of Front National win victory in Riviera?
Bengals' Evan McPherson Says Team Not Rallying Behind 'Burrowhead' Barb have 549 words, post on www.tmz.com at January 28, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.