EXCLUSIVE: Amelia Brown, Managing Director of Britain's Got Talent , The X Factor and Too Hot to Handle producer Thames , is leaving after two decades to set up an entertainment production company.
Brown handed her resignation in several weeks ago and will exit in July. She has been with Thames since 2003 and became MD when the company merged with Talkback in 2017 – a merger that was undone two years later at which point she kept her post.
She will launch her own production company later this year and becomes the second Fremantle label boss to be revealed to be leaving in the past fortnight, following Fatima Salaria , who is exiting The Apprentice indie Naked in the spring .
During her lengthy stint with Thames, Brown has shepherded ITV stalwarts The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent , for which she was a key creative on almost every series.
The Simon Cowell creations are co-produced with Cowell's Syco shingle and while The X Factor has not aired for five years, BGT remains a key tenet of the annual ITV entertainment schedule. The show most recently signed former Strictly Come Dancing judge Bruno Tonioli to replace David Walliams, after Walliams was caught making derogatory remarks about BGT contestants, which was published in a Guardian report. Brown is overseeing filming of the latest season as news of her departure breaks.
Elsewhere, Brown oversaw smash Netflix format Too Hot to Handle along with the likes of the British version of Korean format I Can See Your Voice for the BBC, Channel 4's Who Cares Wins coverage and BBC Three's Eating with my Ex. Shows in production include ITV's Mamma Mia! I Have a Dream and E4's The Big Celebrity Detox.
Fremantle UK CEO Simon Andreae described Brown as "one of the best in the business."
"She has led Thames through huge success on our genre-defining talent show hits and has been responsible for expanding the label's slate whilst also building relationships with new broadcasters and streamers," he added. "While we're very sad to see her go, we've been aware for a while that one day she would want to start her own company."
Brown said she had "loved" her time at Thames – a 20-year stint that included around a decade of freelancing.
"After years of dreaming of setting up my own company, now is the time to make that leap and I want to thank every single person who has helped and supported me over the past twenty years," she added.
- Britain's Got Talent 'signs up Jennifer Saunders' for star-studded ITV show final
- Inside Britain's Got Talent judges' epic homes: Simon Cowell, Amanda Holden & more
- When does Bobby Brown’s documentary air?
- How MisterWives Went From Being Dropped by a Label Mid-Pandemic to Launching Their Own With Photo Finish (EXCLUSIVE)
- Anthony Stammers: Fresh appeal to find talented Essex musician missing for a decade - as family vow never to give up hope
- Political blogs: Does Iain Dale's exit mark end of era?
- Amanda Holden shows off endless legs in skirt with stilettos and sheer top
- Where BGT's Ronan Parke is now - Simon 'fix' scandal, hunky transformation and love life
- Stephen Mulhern drops massive hint he’s BGT’s The Witch amid Lisa Armstrong transformation
- Eagle-eyed BGT fans spot massive clue Stephen Mulhern is not The Witch
- Alesha Dixon denied she was 'banned' from performing on BGT amid scandal
- BGT's biggest semi-final upsets - Ofcom fury and egg gate-crasher to 'fake' dog
- Alesha Dixon's BGT golden buzzer scandal after giving prize to her friend
- I was terrified I’d burn out if I kept working so hard – and I wanted more time with my son, reveals Simon Cowell
- EastEnders theory: Lewis Butler's death foreshadowed as Kathy plots revenge
- The X Factor: Louis Walsh leaves after 13 'fantastic' years
- Meghan Markle news: Prince Harry & Duchess ‘WON’T be seen during Jubilee’ as it’s about the Queen ‘and not drama’
- Simon Cowell's brother is ‘not expected’ at his wedding after ‘years of no-contact’
- Chris Chittell age: How old is Emmerdale's Eric Pollard star?
- Emmerdale’s Jeff Hordley details how allotment ‘really helped’ wife Zoe Henry
Amelia Brown To Exit ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ Label Thames & Launch Indie have 701 words, post on deadline.com at January 27, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.