UPDATE: Sony is changing-up its platform of the Tom Hanks movie A Man Called Otto . The pic will now go exclusive in LA and NY on Dec. 30 followed by limited break on Jan. 6, and a further wide on Jan. 13, the latter point always part of the plan. The studio is pivoting their release plan over three phases given the great word of mouth they received on the title. The Marc Forster directed movie made its premiere to LA audiences last night at the Academy Museum.
In addition, they're pulling their Screen Gems horror film True Haunting off the schedule for the time being. That pic most recently planned to go on Jan. 6, 2023. The Gary Fleder directed title follows the terrifying story of the first televised exorcism on NBC in 1971. The NBC news segment was a success, the exorcism was not. Instead, it made things worse for the Becker family who lived there.
A Man Called Otto is based on the Swedish pic A Man Called Ove and follows Hanks as a cantankerous older man who attempts suicide, but life keeps on getting in the way.
PREVIOUS, OCT. 17: Sony has decided to kick off the Tom Hanks movie A Man Called Otto on Christmas Day in an exclusive opening in New York and Los Angeles versus a wide release on Wednesday, December 14.
The movie then will go wide over MLK weekend, January 13, which is where Warner Bros.' House Party and Universal/Blumhouse's M3GAN resides.
The Marc Forster-directed film of the follows Otto (Hanks), a grumpy widower whose only joy comes from criticizing and judging his exasperated neighbors. He meets his match when a lively young family moves in next door, leading to an unexpected friendship that will turn his world upside-down. David Magee adapted the Fredrik Backman novel.
Sony's previous Hanks movie, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, released in 2019, earned the actor his sixth Oscar nomination — and first in the supporting role category — for playing longtime PBS kids show host Fred Rodgers.
- Every Tom Hanks Movie Performance, Ranked
- Tom Hanks Keeps the Shaky
- PS4 with two games and Spider-Man movie for £199 is our favourite Christmas deal
- Our top 100 Christmas TV countdown! From spine-chilling ghost stories to big belly laughs, we've picked out the very best shows to make sure you don't miss a thing
- Every Denzel Washington Movie, Ranked
- Jennifer Aniston calls Friends the 'gift of a lifetime' after joking she only acts 'for the money' as she's honored with Icon Award at People's Choice Awards
- Special Effects Icon Greg Nicotero Talks the Smoke and Mirrors Documentary About Tom Savini's Legacy
- 22 Unsettlingly Nice Tom Cruise Stories
- Tom Arnold Claims to Have Trump Assault Tape, Calls Out Associates
- Disney Dates A Ton Of Pics Into 2023 & Juggles Fox Releases With Ridley Scott’s ‘The Last Duel’ To Open Christmas 2020, ‘The King’s Man’ Next Fall – Update
- 16 Robin Williams Movies That Defined His Legendary Career
- Top Gun 2 Gets a Summer 2019 Release Date
- Is the Ultimate Truther Movie
- Movies on TV this week: Sunday, Dec. 15 - 21: ‘White Christmas’
- How Tom Hiddleston Makes Psycho Sexy
- 2020 movie preview: Black Widow and Wonder Woman lead the sequel parade
- Elizabeth Olsen and Tom Hiddleston look cosy at premiere of new film I Saw The Light after actress insists they're just friends
- Leaked Sony e-mails reveal Aaron Sorkin wanted Tom Cruise as Steve Jobs
- $100million of purr-fection... or a catastrophe? TOM LEONARD explores why the critics' claws are out for the movie version of Andrew Lloyd Webber's classic musical Cats
- Last Christmas – UK cinema release date, cast, reviews, trailer and more
Tom Hanks Movie ‘A Man Called Otto’ To Fire Up Platform Release After Christmas have 586 words, post on deadline.com at December 6, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.