Devin Chandler , Lavel Davis Jr . and D’Sean Perry — the three Univ. of Virginia football players who were tragically shot and killed in a terrifying incident on campus last month — have been posthumously awarded degrees.
The school announced the honors on Monday … with athletic director Carla Williams saying the gesture became important to her and the university after having talked with Davis’ family at his funeral last month.
“He worked extremely hard for it,” Williams said of Davis’ degree.
Davis had majored in African American and African studies. Perry double majored in studio art and African American and African studies. Chandler, meanwhile, majored in American studies.
“It was a great honor to be a part of presenting these diplomas to the families of Devin, Lavel and D’Sean,” Williams added.
As we previously reported, Davis, Chandler, and Perry all died while returning to campus from a class field trip on Nov. 13.
Christopher Darnell Jones Jr. , a former UVA football player , is the man police have accused of pulling the trigger. He’s since been hit with multiple charges, including three counts of second-degree murder.
UVA Running Back Mike Hollins Released From Hospital After Shooting
Two other students, including UVA running back Mike Hollins , were also wounded in the shooting … but both have since been released from the hospital following treatment and are expected to make a full recovery.
UVA ended up canceling its final two remaining football games of the season in wake of the tragedy.
- From Mané to Ings: awards of the Premier League season so far
- Puskas award nominees named for best goal with Messi and Townsend leading race… but who should win?
- FMIA Week 15: Mike McCarthy Gets Creative To Prepare For His Next Shot
- The Thai charmer who made a fortune and won soccer's biggest league
- BDO chairman Des Jacklin resigns from role
- FMIA Divisional: Aaron Rodgers, Packers Aren’t Finished, Derrick Henry Can’t Be Stopped, and more
- FIFA’s Impossible, Corrupt Qatar Math: How FIFA Had to Have Known Forced Labor Was Needed for 2022’s Qatari World Cup
- Coronavirus: Germany shuts down borders, halts public life
- From the Archives: The Beloved Anthony Mason
- Coronavirus latest: Merkel speaks of greatest post-war challenge
- Steelers place Ryan Shazier on reserve/retired list, keeping him a part of the organization
- More questions than answers in rugby union's land of coronavirus confusion
Three Slain UVA Football Players Posthumously Awarded Degrees have 391 words, post on www.tmz.com at December 6, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.