Punches were thrown, lots of them, in Monday night’s TCU-George Washington women’s basketball game … a wild fistfight erupted, resulting in eight players being ejected.
It all went down at the Schollmaier Arena in Fort Worth, TX … TCU forward Bella Cravens got pissed after GW guard Essence Brown pulled her hair while trying to take the ball away.
It’s unclear if Brown acted with intent, but that didn’t matter to Cravens … who immediately went after Brown, sparking the WWE-style showdown on the court.
In the clip, the two women come face-to-face, and Cravens pushes Brown … that’s when things escalated, with punches being thrown from both parties.
Women from both teams tried to separate the two, but in the midst of that, a player from TCU pushes Brown in the back, and she appears to lose her balance.
TCU’s head coach Raegan Pebley address the incident, saying, “We never want to be a part of anything like that. We don’t ever want to be a part of anything like that.”
“Whenever something like that happens right in front of a bench as opposed to the other sideline or the middle of the floor, it’s super vulnerable.”
Pebley said she thought the officials — who ejected eight players, including Cravens and Brown — did a good job of managing the chaos in that moment and throughout the game.
Brown or Cravens have not yet been punished … but it’s probably inevitable.
- Ex-Australian player blames teammate for ‘overreaction’
- 'NBA Live 19' is the first pro sports game to allow men and women to play on the same team — but there's still tons of room to grow
- Lexington game makes NCAA fighting mad. Basketball dispute plays out in court.
- The View from the Top of Women’s Tennis
- NFL team tops Forbes most valuable sports team list
- Aces guard Jackie Young ready for debut with USA Basketball
- Converse’s plot to take back basketball–with help from Nike
- Aussies ‘feared for safety’ after Manila basketball brawl
- Here are the 6 biggest winners and losers in college basketball this week
- Cool Jobs: WNBA’s Chief of Basketball Operations and Player Relations Talks Being a Power Woman in Sports
- LeBron James' core basketball principles were instilled in him after receiving a participation trophy when he was 9
- Women's professional sports hit a major crossroad
- He started out with Nike. Now he’s launching a shoe brand that ‘builds people up’
- 11 seemingly bizarre sports most Americans haven't even heard of
- NCAA Honors Student Athletes Hard Work In Class
- How much is a SC life worth? In the Senate, the debate pits victims against taxpayers
- Princeton University Launches Lecture Series on Sports, Race and Society
- Convergence of business and sports
- A $150bn market: How fantasy sports transformed cricket fans from being spectators to stakeholders
- Juan Dixon forges relationship with the father he didn't know existed
TCU, GW Women's Basketball Teams Get Into Fistfight On Court, 8 Players Ejected have 557 words, post on www.tmz.com at December 6, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.