EXCLUSIVE: Sierra Teller Ornelas ( Rutherford Falls ) and Marcos Luevanos ( Lopez Vs. Lopez ) are developing the half-hour multicam comedy Amigos for NBC . The duo will draw inspiration from their own lifelong friendship for the Universal Television-produced project.
Amigos is about a group of six Latine friends living in Los Angeles who lean and rag on each other as they find love, grow up and figure out what success means in 2022.
Ornelas and Luevanos will write and executive produce alongside Morgan Sackett ( The Good Place , Rutherford Falls ).
Most recently, Ornelas was showrunner of the Peacock comedy series Rutherford Falls , which she co-created with Mike Schur and Ed Helms. Previously, she was a co-executive producer on Loot for Apple TV+ and NBC 's Superstore where she worked for three seasons. She has previously written for Brooklyn Nine-Nine , Splitting Up Together, and Happy Endings . Ornelas is repped by UTA, 3 Arts and Johnson, Shapiro, Slewett & Kole.
Luevanos is currently a co-executive producer on the new NBC multicam Lopez Vs. Lopez starring George Lopez and his daughter Mayan Lopez. Previously, Luevanos spent three seasons on the Hulu/Disney + series Love, Victor produced by Aptaker & Berger and worked on Gloria Calderon Kellett's With Love , Rutherford Falls , Charmed , and Life In Pieces . He also currently has a project in the works at 20th Television with Steven Canals executive producing. Luevanos is repped by Artists First and Jackoway Tyerman.
- Tracy Morgan is starring on an FX comedy from ‘Key and Peele’s’ Jordan Peele
- NBC boss, ‘Mary Tyler Moore Show’ producer Tinker dies
- Musical.ly talking with Viacom, NBC for Original Shows
- The 25 most successful ‘Saturday Night Live’ alumni
- Internet shows its muscle by making Emmy history
- THE A-LIST: The 30 coolest, most famous people in Hollywood right now
- A show focused wholly on the past,
- Inside Jerry Seinfeld’s $100 million decision to jump to Netflix
- Wide open field for this year’s Emmy Awards
- Willy Wonka’ star Gene Wilder dead at 83
- 12 of the most impressive students at Harvard right now
- Tony Soprano more than a memorable TV character
- 10 TV shows you used to be obsessed with that are being resurrected
- Meet the rising GOP star responding to Obama’s final State of the Union address
- 5 ways ‘Seinfeld’ changed the way we watch TV
- The 20 best new TV shows ranked, according to critics
- The fear factor among Divergent stars
- Battle of the love teams in the 2015 Metro Manila Film Festival
- Commercials aren't killing network TV. Streaming services just have better shows
- Daniel Stern on
Sierra Teller Ornelas & Marcos Luevanos Developing Comedy Series ‘Amigos’ At NBC have 404 words, post on deadline.com at December 8, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.