Tammie Frank , the widow of actor and mixed martial arts star Jason David Frank , has revealed he died by suicide. Frank's death was confirmed on November 20. At the time , no cause of death was provided, however reports indicated suicide.
In an interview with People published Wednesday, Tammie Frank sought to set the record straight . "While Jason was a well-known name to some, we lived a very normal life with ups and downs, just like anyone else. It has shocked and saddened me beyond belief to see that the media has turned my family's tragedy into a tall tale. Since Jason's death, I have been harassed online and can no longer stand to watch my husband's good name slandered."
Frank was known for his portrayal of Tommy Oliver (aka the Green Ranger) from the original 1990s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers show. He then became the White Ranger, playing the character in both television and film adaptations of the popular franchise.
Tammie told People there had been incorrect assumptions about the couple's relationship. "We initially planned to separate; that part is true. However, that is only part of the story. The part that hasn't been told is that at the time of his passing, we had called off our separation and were in the process of reuniting."
The pair had been on a "weekend getaway" at a country dancing event and upon returning to their hotel, Tammie Frank explained, "To help Jason relax and sober up before turning down to sleep, I went downstairs to get us snacks from the lobby. I must've been gone no more than 10 minutes. I went back upstairs and began knocking on the door to no answer. I knocked repeatedly and kept calling for his name to open the door."
She told People , "I don't know if the hotel staff or a guest called the police, but after I was taken downstairs by the police, they were able to open the door and found that Jason took his life. These were the 'disturbances' that has been brought up numerous times online."
She continued, "I loved my husband, and we were trying to work through our problems. His death comes as much a shock to me as anyone else. The truth is, I had no idea that Jason was thinking of ending things. Yes, he had struggled with mental health issues and depression before, but I could never predict what would happen that night."
In summary, Tammie Frank asked for people to "stop making assumptions and leave my family to grieve peacefully."
- Jedi voices in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker revealed: who does Rey hear?
- 'We realise we are stronger together': Victoria Beckham FINALLY addresses rumours about the state of her marriage... but David is mysteriously absent from their family Vogue front cover
- Gwyneth Paltrow is 'squashed' while Naomi Watts has cheek massage as stars go glam for Golden Globes
- Aquaman 2: Jason Momoa Says Sequel Is "Off the Hook"
- Ricky Gervais reveals he’s finally retiring The Office ‘star’ David Brent — as show bosses in India prepare to launch version of hit sitcom
- Conversations About Death and Comedy With Chris Gethard
- DeAngelo, Panarin Lead Rangers Past Devils
- Inside David Bowie’s Final Years
- Golden Globes 2020: Succession cast put on a VERY raucous display at star-studded HBO after-party after scooping top TV honour
- Where David Lynch and Lana Del Rey Meet
- Selma Blair gets sweet kiss on the head from partner David Lyons as couple enjoy Sunday lunch date in LA
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker to Win Third Weekend at the Box Office
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Reaches $450 Million, The Grudge Opens to $11.3 Million at the Box Office
- Complexions Contemporary Ballet Dances a Tribute to David Bowie
- Protesters in Washington DC, New York and London condemn US drone strikes and American flags are burned in Gaza... but Iranians in Canada CELEBRATE the death of Qassem Soleimani
- Iran threatens the WHITE HOUSE: Tehran ups the ante by promising a 'crushing and powerful retaliation on American soil' and US military sites and brands Donald Trump a 'terrorist in a suit' after he threatened to attack 52 Iranian targets
- Next Star Wars movie takes place 400 years in the past, no longer a trilogy
- Golden Globes 2020: Ana de Armas dazzles in strapless sequin gown alongside Bond and Knives Out co-star Daniel Craig... as it's announced that movie sequel is 'in the works'
- 'I've put my arm around my brother all our lives. I can't do it any more': Prince William reveals 'sadness' at broken bond with Prince Harry and how they are no longer a 'team' - as Queen fears for her fragile grandson ahead of showdown
- I do... again! Queen of Versailles star Jackie Siegel, 53, and her billionaire husband David, 84, renew their vows in a glitzy ceremony at his Vegas resort surrounded by their children - in celebration of their 20th wedding anniversary
‘Power Rangers’ Star Jason David Frank’s Cause Of Death Revealed have 830 words, post on deadline.com at December 1, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.