The Piers Morgan Uncensored presenter will host the provisionally titled Piers Morgan's Killers , in which he will go behind prison walls to interview some of America's most notorious criminals.
The six-part series will stream on Fox Nation , the subscription video service. It is produced by Plum Pictures , the UK production house behind Amazon's James May: Our Man In… and the streamer's upcoming Serena Williams documentary.
As well as interviewing killers, Morgan will provide context to their crimes, speaking to police and lawyers involved in bringing them to justice. The former CNN anchor will also interview the families of the murderers and their victims.
"He'll go inside various prisons in the US, sit face-to-face with these killers and get to the truth of their crimes using the interviewing style he has become known for," a source said.
Morgan indicated that he would present true-crime documentaries when he signed his News Corp and Fox News Media deal in September last year, but the details have remained under wraps until now.
He has worked with Plum Pictures in the past, fronting documentaries for ITV, the British broadcaster. His shows include Killer Women With Piers Morgan and Psychopath With Piers Morgan , the former of which pulled in audiences of more than five million.
Morgan has been in Qatar, where he has filmed his nightly show Uncensored during the World Cup. The series, which has benefited from heavy investment from Rupert Murdoch, has had mixed success since launching in April.
Uncensored is barely registering an audience on traditional television in the UK, where it is the cornerstone of TalkTV's schedule. But Morgan and his colleagues have pointed to Uncensored's online performance, arguing that it is fairer to judge the show on its virality.
The program has nearly 600,000 YouTube subscribers, while its best-performing videos have garnered more than seven million streams. Morgan also puts a lot of stock in the buzz his interviews generate. His recent sit-down with Cristiano Ronaldo, the former Manchester United footballer, scored headlines globally and has millions of views on YouTube.
- Serial Killer with Piers Morgan: Piers felt sickened during interview with serial killer
- A woman stabbed 19 times & a fantasist teen’s bizarre confession – criminologist’s bid to clear wrongly convicted killer
- The 80 best Netflix series and TV shows to watch right now
- 'When ur owned you dont get a choice': Fox News anchor Ed Henry's explicit texts to employee he 'raped' are revealed as her lawyer blasts his attorney for victim-shaming saying Weinstein's trial proved it's a myth victims would not message their attackers
- Victims Want Golden State Killer Sent to Toughest Prison
- Police say NO crime was committed when Burnley fan flew 'White Lives Matter' banner over match at Manchester City - but club vows to 'root out these racists' and hand lifetime bans to those involved
- At Fox News, 'the inmates are running the asylum'
- PC Andrew Harper’s killers are planning to write a book about their sickening crime
- Who Is the 'Suitcase Killer?' New Podcast Dives Into Convicted Murderer's Claim She's Innocent
- People smugglers linked to organised Brit crime gangs jailed for helping ferry migrants across Channel for £3,000
- My pregnant sister and baby niece WEREN’T murdered by Rillington Place serial killer – I know who really did it
- Victims Want Golden State Killer Joseph DeAngelo Sent To Toughest Prison
- The 70 best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- Slender Man attacker loses appeal on her conviction for repeatedly stabbing a classmate because she was 'possessed' by the fictional horror character
- Viewpoint: What series on Central Park Five teaches us today
- I’m still hunting the killer who slaughtered my son Alonzo Brooks – what I saw on Netflix shook me to my core
- Thailand: Murdered Britons' families asked to help quash killers' death sentences
- Muppets Now: Delightful Disney+ series brings back our favourite felty friends
- Maggie Freleng To Host ‘Unjust & Unsolved’ Podcast Series For Obsessed Network
- How Fox News has changed in the four years since Roger Ailes was ousted
Piers Morgan To Interview Convicted Killers For Fox Nation True-Crime Series have 681 words, post on deadline.com at December 5, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.