PETA wants Elon Musk ‘s animal testing at Neuralink shut down, and says the best way to make it happen is for millions of bird app users to speak up, and against the Chief Twit.
A rep for the animal rights org. tells TMZ … “Neuralink and the University of California-Davis are responsible for the deaths of at least 15 monkeys because of Elon Musk's quest to stick a chip in a human's brain.”
PETA says this kind of experimentation dates back at least 2 decades at other companies — but notes, in just a few short years, Neuralink is piling up animal corpses all on its own.
The org adds, “Experimenting on and killing animals is never good science, and since monkeys in Musk's experiments have also died for reasons that have nothing to do with these studies, the laboratory should be closed.”
PETA’s solution, we’re told, includes urging the USDA’s inspector general to get to the bottom of why animal protection laws were allegedly violated — as cited in a Reuters report, which detailed in-house workers’ concerns with the growing number of animal tests and deaths. Reuters says at least 1,500 animals have been killed at Neuralink since 2018, in the advancement of research, and to meet Musk’s alleged timetable for the chip.
Now, PETA’s looking to put the pressure on Elon by using his new $44 billion toy against him — it’s calling on Twitter users to flood the app with protest tweets tagging @elonmusk and his company @neuralink.
Neuralink has made promises of being able to help combat paralysis by allowing patients to simply think out a task that machinery would then complete .
Earlier this year, there was some indication Elon would start human trials , but it doesn’t seem that’s happened yet.
- 'If it goes wrong, it's my fault': Elon Musk accepts responsibility if today's historic launch of two astronauts ends in tragedy - as weather gives him just a 50-50 chance of lift-off going ahead
- Elon Musk’s battle to reopen Tesla’s Fremont plant may shape his legacy
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Major space launch today; Trump feuds with Twitter
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: May 21-22
- Coronavirus live updates: Tesla says it will reopen Fremont factory in the ‘upcoming week’
- Coronavirus live updates: Trump calls houses of worship essential, will ‘override’ states to reopen
- Big Tech was first to send workers home. Now it's in no rush to bring them back.
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - US virus deaths exceed 100,000; Pelosi pulls FISA bill
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area ICU cases hit lowest point since March
- Coronavirus live updates: Unemployment in California jumps to 15% — could go up to 25%
- NASA readiness review clears SpaceX Crew Dragon spacecraft for historic launch
- Coronavirus live updates: Fed chair signals unemployment peak, up to 25%, yet to come
- Coronavirus live updates: Reopening at last begins for some Bay Area stores, offices
- Coronavirus live updates: Federal Reserve chairman says economy could rebound this year, without a second wave of virus
- Coronavirus live updates: Federal Reserve chief says economy could rebound this year, if no 2nd second wave
- Coronavirus live updates: COVID-19 hospitalizations continue Bay Area slide, fewest since April 1
- Coronavirus live updates: Fed chair signals peak unemployment, up to 25%, yet to come
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: May 17
- Barstool Sports' Dave Portnoy says coronavirus has 'clearly been politicized' by anti-Trump media
- When Italy went into lockdown, scientists from all over the world came together as friends to fight COVID-19
PETA Wants Elon Musk's Neuralink Animal Lab Closed, Applying Twitter Pressure have 587 words, post on www.tmz.com at December 7, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.