Legendary boxing ref Mills Lane — perhaps best known for his portrayal in MTV’s iconic “Celebrity Deathmatch” show — has sadly died, his son announced.
He was 85 years old.
Tommy Lane told the Reno Gazette Journal Mills passed away on Tuesday morning in Nevada … after being in hospice the past few days.
“He took a significant decline in his overall situation,” Tommy said of his dad to the outlet. “It was a quick departure. He was comfortable and he was surrounded by his family.”
Mills began boxing in his 20s while in the Marines, and quickly stacked up an impressive resume — ultimately logging a 10-1 record as a pro. He later became a ref in the sport.
After Iron Mike had taken chunks of Holyfield’s ear, it was Mills who ultimately DQ’ed the former champ. Mills then eventually retired from reffing in 1998.
Mills went on to host his own court show, “Judge Mills Lane” … as well as being featured in “Celebrity Deathmatch.”
In the MTV production, an animated clay version of Mills started every bout by screaming, “Let’s Get It On!” The show gained a huge following for its gory representation of celebrity fights.
Mills eventually left the show in 2002 after suffering a stroke, being replaced by Chris Edgerly in the 2006 reboot.
During his lifetime, Mills — who was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 2013 — also worked as a prosecutor, a district attorney and a real-life judge.
- On the bright side: Mill Valley howls in unison, on a nightly basis
- Ride Along 2 Dethrones Star Wars: The Force Awakens at The Box Office
- 2020 Kia Soul GT-Line: This budget box has an attitude
- Ellis Marsalis Jr dead: Legendary jazz musician dies at 85 of coronavirus
- Ellis Marsalis Jr., Legendary Jazz Musician, Dead at 85 From Coronavirus Complications
- 2 more from dead SoBo doc’s family test positive
- Coronavirus live updates: 50,000 dead worldwide
- Fears medics lives at risk as they are ‘forced to wear trash bags and masks made from take-out boxes’
- Who landed most punches on Tyson Fury in a 12-round fight? Stats show how Otto Wallin put Wilder and Klitschko to shame
- From Tyson biting off Holyfield’s ear to Bruno’s tearful Wembley win: Sun legend Colin Hart’s most memorable fights ever
- 7 Movies to Watch Like A Quiet Place
- Mythbusters: Historic-Cultural Monuments
- Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney Plus Series Enlists Joby Harold as New Writer (EXCLUSIVE)
- How ‘The Invisible Man’ Made A $29M Appearance For Universal & Blumhouse – Sunday Final
- Champions League: Chelsea v Barcelona - as it happened
- Mason Men: George Mason's Cinderella Run to the 2006 Final Four Changed College Basketball Forever
- Chelsea v Benfica – as it happened
- Great Deals On 240 Tourist Attractions In North Haven And CT
- The 25 best movies on HBO right now
- Google pays tribute to Madhubala on 86th birth anniversary with doodle
Legendary Boxing Ref Mills Lane Dead At 85 have 478 words, post on www.tmz.com at December 6, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.