Thompson's Artists for Artists production company and talent incubator, which he launched with Bill & Ted Face The Music exec producer John Ryan Jr. last year, has signed a creative partnership with the fashion designer.
It comes as SNL star Thompson is hosting the 2022 People's Choice Awards on NBC and E! this evening.
KidSuper comes from the mind of Colm Dillane. He has shown his collections at Paris Fashion Week and last year, he won the LVMH Karl Lagerfeld Prize. He has directed short films and music videos and has attracted the attention of musicians such as Post Malone, Young Thug and Joey Bada$$.
The first project to emerge out of the deal is Funny Business (w/t), a comedy and fashion special that will filmed at the KidSuper Paris Fashion Week show in January 2023 and airing on YouTube. It will feature top comedians performing sets while modeling KidSuper AW23 looks.
KidSuper will direct and it will be produced by Dillane, Kenan Thompson, John Ryan Jr., Mike Blutstein, and Reeve Collins.
Kenan Thompson said, "We love the KidSuper brand and family, and we are so excited to be working with Colm and the entire team."
KidSuper added, "I am so excited to be working with Kenan and John at AFA. When I first met with them, I mentioned that I was doing a fashion show in Paris. I joked that it would be cool if they modeled and they said they would be down–but a lot of people say that. Kenan and John actually got on a plane and showed up. No strings attached, no nothing. These are the type of people I want to work with, those who show up. I can't wait to see what we create in the future."
John Ryan Jr said, "Colm is the Willy Wonka of fashion, and we've been a fan of his incredible vision and cutting-edge brand for years. Kenan and I built Artists for Artists to collaborate with creators like KidSuper, and provide the resources and creative control they need to expand their brand. We can't wait to share this unique comedy meets fashion event, and more to come from KidSuper."
Artists for Artists is represented by Paradigm, which negotiated the deal. Thompson is represented by UTA and Del, Shaw, Moonves, Tanaka, Finkelstein & Lezcano and KidSuper is represented by Untitled Entertainment.
- 6 rising art stars to catch in Miami — before everyone else does
- Kelly Clarkson preps for big music, book, TV and film projects.
- NM film industry excited about new momentum
- SXSW Adds 102 Movies to 2019 Film Festival Lineup
- Here Are the 2019 Sundance Films Casual Moviegoers Should Pay Attention To
- Sundance Film Festival opens Thursday with more than 100 world premieres
- The Best TV Shows of 2018
- Meet the makeup artists who paint Bravo’s ‘superglam’ faces
- County banned American Dream mall subsidies, but public pays for needed sewer project
- Golden Globe nominations: ‘Green Book’ stars, ‘Spider-Verse’ team, Janet Mock, more react
- 10 great TV shows you probably missed this year – and should watch immediately
- ‘Riverdale’ star Camila Mendes on her love life and why she refuses to fly coach
- ‘Riverdale’ star Camila Mendes on her love life — and the joy of paying off her college loans
- MVC wonders if John Hiatt is most underrated artist of the 80′s
- Chance the Rapper developing musical movie Hope
- Kokua Line: No set-aside for Hawaii artists in lottery of affordable lofts
- Latrice Royale dishes on ‘All Stars,’ ‘The Naughty Tour’ and Amendment 4
- Creed 2: Michael B. Jordan, Tessa Thompson are the movie stars we need in 2018
- 1984 Pazz & Jop: The Rise of the Corporate Single
- 'I was this creep in my home writing fan fiction for me and Emma Thompson': Mindy Kaling on her Sundance hit
Kenan Thompson’s Artists For Artists To Develop TV & Film Projects With Rising Fashion Star KidSuper have 651 words, post on deadline.com at December 6, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.