Jerrod Carmichael will host the 80th Annual Golden Globe Awards.
After a year's hiatus, the three-hour telecast will air live coast to coast on Tuesday, Jan. 10, 2023 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT from The Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, Calif., on NBC and Peacock. The Hollywood Foreign Press Association will reveal nominations Monday on the Today show.
"We're so excited to have Jerrod Carmichael host the historic 80th Golden Globe Awards. His comedic talents have entertained and thrilled audiences while providing thought-provoking moments that are so important in the times we live," said Helen Hoehne, President of the HFPA , in a statement. "Jerrod is the special kind of talent this show calls for to kick off the awards season."
"Jerrod is a phenomenal talent with a fresh perspective and excellent comedic style," added Jesse Collins, executive producer and CEO of Jesse Collins Entertainment, in a statement. "We're all thrilled to have him host this year's show."
In September, Carmichael earned an Emmy for writing his comedy special Jerrod Carmichael: Rothaniel. He also earned an Emmy nomination for his hosting debut on Saturday Night Live in April.
Carmichael co-created, co-wrote, produced, and starred in the semi-autobiographical sitcom The Carmichael Show that aired on NBC from 2015-2017.
The Globes were scrapped earlier this year due to questionable practices surrounding its governing and membership. Hoehne recently promised to THR that "this is really not the old HFPA anymore. Over the past 18 months — almost two years now — we took a deep look inward and listened to the criticism. The changes that we've made were the expansion of our voting body, the universal gift ban. We are one of the only awards shows that has a universal gift ban. And we built a new infrastructure that transformed our organization and the awards show into something that is more diverse, transparent and responsive. We are the only major awards show that is voted on by a majority of women and by a majority of voters who self-identify as ethnically diverse. There are also a lot of voters who self-identify as LGBTQIA+. What I would like the industry to know is that this is not the finish line. It's a journey that will continue in the years to come."
Produced by dick clark productions and Jesse Collins Entertainment in association with the HFPA, this year's Golden Globe Awards will distribute trophies in 27 categories, with four added to the TV side: Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Musical – Comedy or Drama Television Series; Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Musical – Comedy or Drama Television Series; Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Limited Series, Anthology Series or Motion Picture Made for Television; and Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Limited Series, Anthology Series or Motion Picture Made for Television.
They replace the more blanket Supporting Actor and Supporting Actress categories that had spanned all TV categories.
- Watch and Swoon as Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Kiss at the Golden Globes
- Awkwafina Dedicates Her Golden Globe to Her Dad: 'I Told You I'd Get a Job'
- Pregnant Michelle Williams Keeps Baby Bump Under Wraps at Golden Globes with Fiancé Thomas Kail
- Awkwafina Says Her Aunt Told Her to 'Eat Less Grains' When Congratulating Her Golden Globes Nod
- The Surprises and Snubs of the 2017 Golden Globe Nominations
- A Star Is Born: #FijiWaterGirl steals the limelight at Golden Globes, makes it to (almost) every picture
- 77th edition of Golden Globes to be presented on January 5, 2020
- Reese Witherspoon Honors 'Brave' Abuse Victims While Accepting Golden Globe for
- A New Hair Color Is Born! Lady Gaga Dyes Her Hair to Match Her Dress at the 2019 Golden Globes
- The 2017 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here
- Mad Max: Fury Road surprises with major Golden Globe 2016 nominations
- The #MeToo Awards: Actresses Wearing All Black At Golden Globes, SAG Awards Featuring Only Women Presenters
- Timothée Chalamet Didn't Actually Wear a Harness to the Golden Globes: 'They Told Me It Was a Bib'
- Three Billboards Wins Four Globes but Winfrey and Sex Abuse Issues Steal Thunder
- BAFTA Film Awards Nominations: ‘Joker’, ‘The Irishman’, ‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’ Lead – Full List
- Oscar winners 2020: Who took home the biggest awards?
- Olivia Culpo flashes the flesh in sheer bodysuit dress as she joins the stars at the CMA Awards red carpet
- Roll up the red carpet: Star-studded CFDA Awards are CANCELED amid the coronavirus outbreak - days after Anna Wintour called off the Met Gala
- Oscars 2020: Parasite SHOCKS with Best Picture win... while Renee Zellweger, Joaquin Phoenix, Laura Dern and Brad Pitt complete award season SWEEP in acting categories at Academy Awards
- Coronavirus: RTS TV awards held behind closed doors as others are axed
Jerrod Carmichael To Host 80th Annual Golden Globe Awards have 803 words, post on deadline.com at January 20, 2023. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.