The 54th NAACP Image Awards will air on Saturday, February 25 at 8 PM (live ET/PT on delay) on BET from the Pasadena Civic Auditorium in Pasadena, CA, the network and civil rights organization said Tuesday. And, for the first time in three years, the show will be in front of an audience.
The NAACP Image Awards celebrates the outstanding achievements and performances of people of color across categories spanning film, television, streaming, music, literature and podcasts.
The show has added three new submission categories within the motion picture, television and streaming categories, for Outstanding Hairstyling, Make-Up and Costume Design.
"Throughout the past year, we've witnessed Black artists showcasing our history and uplifting values of progressive change, while redefining genres and bringing our stories to the forefront of entertainment in so many innovative ways," said Derrick Johnson, President and CEO of the NAACP. "Black voices are necessary to continually inspire audiences around the world. We're proud to once again provide a platform that both elevates and celebrates these voices through the 54 th NAACP Image Awards."
"BET is extremely proud to continue our long-standing partnership with the NAACP and magnify their endeavors to honor the incredible contributions made by the Black community," said BET President and CEO Scott Mills. "We're looking forward to celebrating Black excellence at next year's Image Awards on all of our platforms, honoring those who help tell our diverse stories in powerful ways."
Only submitted work will be reviewed for consideration. All valid entries are evaluated and narrowed to the top five in each category by members of the NAACP Image Awards Nominating Committees which are comprised of individuals within the entertainment industry (studio/network executives, actors, artists, managers, agents, publicists, journalists, literary agents, and others) NAACP Board members, NAACP Foundation Trustees, staff, partners and others. Nominee submissions closed as of November 18.
Nominees will be announced and online international voting opens on Thursday, January 12. Voting closes on Friday, February 10.
- Beyoncé and daughter Blue Ivy nominated for NAACP Image Award
- Power Book 2: Courtney Kemp slams criticism as series sweeps NAACPs 'Never underestimate'
- Chris Stapleton to Perform at 2020 CMA Awards as Presenters Added
- Reba McEntire and Darius Rucker to Host 2020 CMA Awards: 'It's an Absolute Honor'
- Revamped ST website, apps bag gold at Digital Media Awards Asia
- Maharashtra Rajiv Gandhi IT awards: Last date for submitting nominations is September 15
- Downton Abbey 2 confirmed: Sequel's release date is this year with new cast members
- Chadwick Boseman’s widow’s emotional plea to be ‘proactive’ with cancer as she accepts his posthumous NAACP award
- Mobile Sports Betting To Bring New York State 100% More In Tax Revenue Than Cannabis
- Beyoncé Recognized for Humanitarian Work at BET Awards: 'Please Continue to Be the Change'
- WGA Awards Date & Timeline Set; 74th Annual Ceremony Nabs Pre-Oscars Sunday Slot
- Veerappa Moily, Arundhathi Subramania, among others to receive Sahitya Akademi Award 2020
- Lady Gaga Goes Back to Blonde, Wears Dior Couture to SAG Awards
- No Bad Romance Here! Lady Gaga and Fiancé Christian Carino Spotted Holding Hands at SAG Awards
- Family Night! Beyonce and Daughter Blue Support 8-Time Nominee JAY-Z at Grammy Awards
- Sacha Baron Cohen Brings Wife Isla Fisher as Golden Globes Date After Asking Sarah Palin
- GTA 6 release date blow for PS5 and Xbox Series X gamers in 2021
- Love Island's Liberty and Jake go on awkward date hours after split amid exit fears
- Digital Trends Top Tech of CES 2016 award winners | Digital Trends
- Strictly Come Dancing return date confirmed: When does Strictly 2021 start?
Image Awards: NAACP & BET Announce 2023 Date For 54th Annual Show have 577 words, post on deadline.com at December 6, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.