EXCLUSIVE : Hulu has picked up exclusive U.S. streaming rights to the second season of New Zealand transgender drama Rūrangi , which recently won an International Emmy for best short-form series.
The second season is in post-production and estimated to be finalised for Q1-2023.
The first season, which was nominated for a GLAAD Media Award, charted the story of transgender activist Caz Davis who returns to the remote, politically divided dairy community of Rūrangi, hoping to reconnect with his estranged father, who hasn't heard from him since before Caz transitioned. In the second season, Rūrangi's culture war intensifies between the transgender activists, farmers, and local Māori, while ancestors from the past reach out to the living with unfinished business.
Returning cast are Elz Carrad, Āwhina Rose Henare Ashby, Ramon Te Wake, Aroha Rawson, Renee Lyons, Renée Sheridan and new cast members include Cohen Holloway and Liam Coleman recasting the roles of Gerald and Jem respectively.
Rūrangi showrunners are Max Currie and Briar Grace-Smith. Series writer is Cole Meyers and lead producer is Craig Gainsborough for Autonomouse. Co-producers are Tweedie Waititi, Graham Tipene, Lucean Lunare and Melissa Nickerson.
The series is created with support from NZ on Air and Sky Originals NZ. The Yellow Affair, which handles sales, is in discussions for deals in other territories. The original series was also cut as a film, which had a theatrical release in some markets.
The Yellow Affair's current slate also includes the New Zealand drama Punch , featuring Tim Roth and directed by Welby Ings, Lativa's Oscar contender January directed by Viesturs Kairiss, and in post-production is drama series Keep It Together from Anagram Sweden.
- Come to Daddy: Is this the New Zealand International Film Festivals most messed-up movie?
- AB de Villiers predicts T20 World Cup winner ahead of New Zealand v Pakistan and India v England semi-finals
- FIH Pro League: Aim is to Play Our Best Hockey, Says Graham Reid ahead of New Zealand Clash
- Maya Rudolph and Amy Poehler to Host Second Season of Peacock’s ‘Baking It’ (TV News Roundup)
- Stranded Abroad, New Zealanders Enter Lottery, File Lawsuits to Come Home
- Prime Video Announces Immersive and Localised Live Cricket Experience For India's Tour Of New Zealand | Cricket News
- FIH Pro League 2022-2023: Hockey India Names 22-member Men's Squad against Spain, New Zealand
- 2022 Emmy winners: who took home the big awards? | Digital Trends
- 'Abbott Elementary' Opens Second Season with Emphasis on Accessibility
- T20 World Cup: New Zealand, Pakistan, India and England prepare to feature in heavyweight semi-final line-up
- New Zealand Trotting Cup 2022: All you need to know about Christchurch's big race day
- Best NZ Online Pokies: Top Online Pokie Games in New Zealand to Play for Real Money or Free
- New Zealand's oldest permanent motor racing circuit to celebrate 65 years
- The second season of ‘Only Murders in the Building’ doesn’t fail to deliver
- England's Red Roses face New Zealand's Black Ferns in Rugby World Cup final: A rivalry with revenge on the mind
- England boost T20 World Cup semi-final hopes with win over New Zealand at The Gabba
- T20 World Cup 2022: Pakistan Book Semifinal Berth With Seven Wicket Win Over New Zealand
- T20 World Cup: New Zealand beat Ireland by 35 runs and qualify for semi-finals
- Football Ferns' Australian recruit Ally Green keen to play first game ever in New Zealand
- T20 World Cup: Ireland bowler Josh Little takes hat-trick against New Zealand with wickets including Kane Williamson
Hulu Picks Up Second Season Of New Zealand International Emmy Winner ‘Rūrangi’ have 565 words, post on deadline.com at December 6, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.