Co-produced by the couple's Archewell Productions, the second episode wades into the Brexit debate, which remains a divisive topic in the UK six years after the 2016 vote.
It is highly unusual for British royals to broach politically sensitive issues in public, but Prince Harry and Markle have been more vocal since leaving the family and relocating to America.
Their relationship began just weeks after the EU referendum. Harry & Meghan preludes a section about Brexit by showing a young girl telling a CNN journalist that she hopes Markle's relationship with Prince Harry will help temper racism in the UK.
David Olusoga, the renowned British historian and diversity campaigner, later remarks: "This fairy tale is embedding itself in a nation that is having a pretty toxic debate about the European Union."
His comments are followed by images of Nigel Farage, the prominent Brexit campaigner and ally of Donald Trump, and anti-immigration demonstrators. "Immigration in this country is very often a cypher for race," Olusoga says.
James Holt, the executive director of the Archewell Foundation, adds: "It was a perfect storm that gave credence to jingoism and nationalism and gave people with really horrible views of the world a little bit more strength and confidence to say what they wanted to say, to do whatever they wanted to do."
Olusoga concludes: "It was an auspicious moment for Britain to be trying to live out this fairytale story of this fairytale princess."
During the section, Prince Harry points to a 2016 report by the European Commission against Racism and Intolerance, which warned that tabloid newspaper reporting on issues including immigration contributed to an "atmosphere of hostility and rejection".
Harry & Meghan was co-produced by Story Syndicate. The company is run by Liz Garbus, who has directed The Handmaid's Tale , and producer Dan Cogan, who won an Oscar for Icarus .
- Harry, Meghan up in arms with Thomas Markle for dragging Doria Ragland into the fight
- Year of rat: Easy ride for Trump, but bumps for Harry-Meghan
- Hard-working wardrobe! Meghan wore her £269 navy Massimo Dutti coat to Mayhew AND the National Theatre on a day of whirlwind visits to her patronages before jetting off to Canada
- BBC tennis commentator Annabel Croft says Meghan Markle 'has taken Prince Harry away from his family' and couple 'won't be any happier' living new non-royal life in Canada
- Royal Wedding scammers! Meghan Markle's father STAGED photos with paparazzi that were shared around the world and sold for up to £100,000 - just days before he walks her down the aisle
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'are furious at her father Thomas for dragging her mother Doria into their public row'
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's attempt to trademark their Sussex Royal brand is blocked after legal complaint from Australian doctor
- British Vogue names Meghan Markle as one of their 25 most influential women - but the Queen and Kate Middleton miss out
- Meghan Markle back in Canada after visiting Prince Harry
- David Cameron backs Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's decision to quit royal life in Australian TV interview as he praises him for being a 'nice, thoughtful young man'
- Meghan Markle is 'CERTAIN' to have watched and 'hated every minute' of the TV documentary with her father Thomas - who feels he'll 'never' see her again so 'may as well make some money', royal experts say
- Prince Harry Confirms He Is Dating Meghan Markle as He Defends Her from Racist, Sexist Abuse
- Messages between Meghan and dad show crumbling relationship week before wedding
- Meghan Markle explains why she is giving up acting career upon royal engagement
- Meghan Markle Is Not Appearing On BFF Jessica Mulroney's New Reality Show
- See Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's New Home, Windsor's Enchanting Frogmore Cottage!
- Revealed: US agents hint Prince Harry and Meghan Markle could make up to £7MILLION from a book deal and £400,000 each from public speaking
- Meghan Markle's Resume Will Seriously Surprise You (She Was a
- Meghan Markle's Father Thomas Suggests She and Prince Harry Are 'Cheapening the Royals'
- Meghan Markle wants to become more 'politically engaged' and could even intervene in the U.S. presidential election
‘Harry & Meghan’ Series Suggests Brexit Whipped-Up Racial Hatred Towards Meghan Markle have 712 words, post on deadline.com at December 8, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.