The Washington Commanders were allegedly behind the release of troubling old emails that resulted in Jon Gruden ‘s firing as Las Vegas Raiders head coach, a new House Oversight and Reform Committee report claims.
The 79-page report — titled “How the NFL and the Washington Commanders Covered Up Decades of Sexual Misconduct” — was released on Thursday, more than a year after launching the investigation — and it’s ugly for Dan Snyder , with the committee concluding he “permitted and participated in” the horrific workplace culture.
In fact, the committee says Snyder attempted to shift blame onto others and away from himself, and even provided a host of damaging emails sent and/or received by former team president Bruce Allen to the House Oversight Committee … the day before Allen was set to testify.
Those emails contained the profane and arguably racist messages sent by Jon Gruden years earlier … which were published in the Wall Street Journal. Gruden, the Raiders head coach at the time, was forced to step down from his job as a result of the scandal.
Jon Gruden Out As Raiders Coach After Reported Homophobic Slurs In Emails
The report says Allen asked a member of the NFL’s legal team why they’d released the emails to the paper, to which the attorney responded … “We didn't do it at the league office. It came out of their side.”
Of course, the emails from about a decade ago, which contained homophobic language and racial tropes, were made public by The Journal in October 2021 … and the Super Bowl-winning coach stepped down shortly after. He has not worked as a coach since.
In addition to the revelation about the emails, the Committee report paints a damning picture of an organization rife with workplace misconduct, much of it originating from the very top of the Commanders.
Last month, Snyder announced he’d hired a bank to investigate potential interest in a sale for the Commanders.
Safe to say whoever takes over the team — if it does go up for sale — will have a big cleanup on their hands.
- Boko Haram: Reps, NGO Committee dismisses allegation of rights abuse against Army
- House Homeland Security Committee Chair Calls for Capitol Rioters to Be Put on No-Fly List
- Chaffetz says Capitol Hill rioters must be prosecuted, calls out media double standard
- 2020 media scandals and controversies, from Chris Cuomo’s coronavirus hypocrisy to New York Times’ turmoil
- House Will Move to Impeach Trump: Live Updates
- Exclusive — Sen. David Perdue: Democrat Jon Ossoff Is ‘Compromised by the Chinese Communist Party’
- China must come clean over Covid ‘leak’, MPs warn after US official claims ‘credible evidence’ it came from Wuhan lab
- Donald Trump faces House voting down his veto of Defense Act less than 24 hours after giving up his veto of COVID relief in humiliating display of his lame duck status
- House votes to override Donald Trump's veto of Defense bill he refused to sign because it renames Confederate bases and doesn't remove big tech's Section 230 protections - in first such rebuke of his presidency
- Silverii: Colorado’s audit committee was hijacked by kooks alleging voter fraud
- The Hill's 12:30 Report: Hectic week shaping up in DC
- ‘General Lee’ in the war on Christmas! Jimmy Kimmel pokes fun at Melania’s White House decorations and says Fox News’ Maria Bartiromo is ‘auditioning’ to be Trump's next wife following President’s Sunday rant
- The biggest example of media malfeasance in 2020 is...
- Now we'll be stuck with Julian Assange, the house guest from hell... who wasn't too sick to father children, writes RICHARD PENDLEBURY
- Chinese State Media Defends Eric Swalwell, Claims Chinese Spy Report Is ‘Complete Fiction’
- FBI Allegations on Russian 'Interference' in US Election Lack Evidence - Snowden
- Donald Trump tweeted video calling for peace after White House counsel Pat Cipollone warned him he faces criminal charges for inciting riot - and now lawyer is considering quitting too
- Snowflake staff at Penguin Random House Canada ridiculed after they 'broke down in tears' in bid to block conservative psychologist Jordan Peterson's new book, claiming he's an 'icon of white supremacy'
- White House calls on Congress to look into "politically motivated investigations" in 2016
- Culture war escalates as Trump says media glorify rioters
Commanders Leaked Jon Gruden Emails To Media, House Committee Report Alleges have 719 words, post on www.tmz.com at December 8, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.