Cummings is an acclaimed indie filmmaker who most recently teamed with PJ McCabe to co-write and direct The Beta Test — a genre-bending feature, which world premiered at the 2021 Tribeca Film Festival. He also produced and starred in that title alongside Virginia Newcomb and McCabe. The film about a Hollywood agent who gets caught up in a sinister world of lying, infidelity, and digital data screened later played as an official selection of the Berlin Film Festival, where Cummings and McCabe were nominated for the Encounters Award. It was released by IFC in November of 2021.
Cummings first garnered attention with the short Thunder Road , which he wrote, directed, produced and starred in. The film about a man eulogizing his mother won the Grand Jury Prize at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival, along with SXSX's Special Jury Award and other honors, and was ultimately adapted into a feature of the same name — also written, directed, produced by and starring Cummings. The 2018 feature take won SXSW's Grand Jury Award, as well as the Grand Special Prize at the Deauville Film Festival, also screening at the Cannes Film Festival.
Following the success of Thunder Road , Cummings wrote, directed, produced and starred in the 2020 horror-comedy The Wolf of Snow Hollow , which premiered at Fantastic Fest.
Cummings has also helped produce features including Beast Beast , 13 Cameras and Krisha , to name a few. Notable acting credits for him outside of his own projects include Halloween Kills , Dave , The Block Island Sound , The Handmaid's Tale and Casual .
Cummings has several upcoming feature films and television projects currently in development, and continues to be represented by UTA.
- Inside the mind of Dominic Cummings
- How this government treats its employees is a sign of its character
- Nvidia GeForce Now exits beta as the first major rival to Google Stadia
- Xbox Game Pass: Gears 5 Tech Test And More Xbox One, PC Games For July
- Anil Kapoor: People call me a big star, but I have always banked on content, and not on my stardom alone
- Legends of Runeterra guide: beta end date, tips and tricks for beginners
- Legends of Runeterra guide - beta end date
- Legends of Runeterra guide: beta end date
- How Anonymous became a star in publishing
- Valve launches 'Steam Labs,' a new hub for testing out experimental features
- 'Text YES if you have a fever': Barman at coronavirus-hit pub reveals he must 'self-isolate' in bedroom of his shared house for two weeks and reply to daily message if he shows signs of virus
- Ballet Drama ‘Birds of Paradise’ Underway at Amazon Studios From Director Sarah Adina Smith (EXCLUSIVE)
- RIP Stadia? Nvidia’s newly launched cloud-gaming service is (mostly) a stunner
- The Hill's Morning Report - Icy moments between Trump, Pelosi mark national address
- Thanks To Path Of Exile And Mobile Games, New Zealand Games Industry Has Doubled Since 2017
- PS4 6.00 System Update Out Now, And Despite The Number, It Doesn't Do Much
- Iowa’s caucus fracas shows we’re still too ignorant about how apps work
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection -- Even More Bans Are Coming
- Halo Infinite's New Game Engine Will Allow Dev To Do Things That Weren't Possible Before
- Halo Infinite's New Engine Lays Groundwork For "The Future Of Halo"
Anonymous Content Signs ‘The Beta Test’ Filmmaker Jim Cummings have 541 words, post on deadline.com at December 6, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.