ABC is diving deeper into Amy Robach and T.J. Holmes ‘ relationship to make sure the ‘GMA3’ co-anchors haven’t violated any company policies during their whirlwind romance.
Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ … ABC’s human resources and legal departments are working together to look into all aspects of the high-profile co-workers hooking up. The goal is to determine if Amy and T.J. did anything to breach their contracts — such as using company resources, like vehicles or drivers, to meet romantically … or pressuring staffers to keep the relationship on the DL.
We’re told some people at the network were upset about ABC News’ President Kim Godwin ‘s comments on Monday morning’s editorial call — when she said the couple did not violate company policies — because the network hadn’t yet taken a closer look.
Our sources say the review started to heat up internally last Friday when news broke of an alleged affair T.J. had with a former ‘GMA’ producer years ago.
We’re told Godwin worked through the weekend with other executives before deciding to pull Amy and T.J. from the anchor’s desk.
As we reported, Amy and T.J. were taken off the air Monday after Godwin called the situation an “internal and external distraction.”
That part is clearly true, but again, other execs feel she went too far in telling the team there were no company policy violations — we’re told it was just too soon to know.
Our sources say everyone involved welcomes the review … saying it’s the best way to clear the anchors’ names and confirm Godwin’s original judgment .
- Amy Adams is just what KC's Gillian Flynn needed to bring 'Sharp Objects' to life
- Review: Fabulously weird 'The Favourite' pits Emma Stone, Rachel Weisz as royal rivals
- Review: Netflix's 'Roma' wows technically but suffers a slight emotional disconnect
- Review: Powerful gay-conversion drama 'Boy Erased' puts faith in standout Lucas Hedges
- Review: Daring 'Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse' is the year's best animated film
- Review: Hugh Jackman's messy 'Front Runner' deserves a vote of no confidence
- Hillary Clinton says the gutsiest things she's ever done are 'stay in my marriage' and 'run for president'
- 200 years after
- Go out on a date in
- delivers a jaw-dropping eulogy and once again raises the bar for concept episodes
- How 'Superstore' helped make 'will they/won't they' couples fun again
- Rami Malek 'totally understands' criticism that Queen film straightwashes Freddie Mercury
- 'Today': Ratings show replacing Matt Lauer with Hoda Kotb was a winning strategy
- A Dissenting Word on “Set It Up”
- Predators in the classroom: Rare, but not rare enough
- Why the Director of ‘Anchorman’ Decided to Take On Dick Cheney
- Solo, a canceled story: 19 TV spin-offs for breakout characters that no one wanted
- The most heartwarming pop culture moments of 2018
- Exclusive: Clint Eastwood plays a guy 'even older than me' in drug drama 'The Mule'
- The best TV performances of 2018
ABC Reviewing Amy Robach and T.J. Holmes' Romantic Relationship have 477 words, post on www.tmz.com at December 8, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.