A$AP Rocky ‘s set to break his 5-year album hiatus soon … but he’s not exactly thrilled about the comeback.
The A$AP Mob rapper thinks today’s hip hop space is marred, on account of the constant deaths and brewing competition from other genres. Rocky was speaking on his desire to have his art at the forefront, but acknowledged the string of rapper deaths is affecting him.
Rocky told Complex , “It's such a really weird time for hip hop … we're losing so many legends.”
Rap has consistently dominated charts for the past few years, but 2022 saw Bad Bunny and Taylor Swift amongst the top streamers, with Drake being the only frequent representative for hip hop on the lists.
Rocky continued, “Pop is fighting for the number one spot, as far the most predominant genre. It's a really weird time right now. I don't really care for the politics of it. I just want to give motherfuckers some dope shit.”
Rocky’s comeback has begun to rev up — courtesy of the new ” Need For Speed ” video game which features his new song/video mashup, “Shi**in’ Me.”
- Kendrick Lamar, Hip-Hop’s Newest Old-School Star
- Finding a Place in the Hip-Hop Ecosystem
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Return to the Hip-Hop Fray
- Multilayered Paintings That Pay Tribute to Hip-Hop Dances
- Apex Legends Season 12 Buffs Crypto, And He Might Finally Be Good
- Apex Legends Season 12 Buffs Crypto, And He's Finally Good
- Inside Master P’s war with Wack 100 who claims rapper is ‘broke’ after ‘losing $200m’ & compared him to Nick Cannon
- Ultimate ways to lose weight and target fat based on your body type
- Texas legend Meat Loaf, 'Bat Out of Hell' rock superstar, dies at 74
- How Detroit Rapper Babyface Ray Already Made One of the Year’s Best Rap Albums
- DJ Yella On The Breakup Of NWA, Death Of Eazy-E And His Own ‘Untold Story’
- Best podcasts 2022: what's worth listening to right now
- Juice WRLD: A natural talent, yet another unnatural death
- Singaporean rapper Masia One left LA to follow her heart
- 16 Albums to Make You Feel Warmer in the Dead of Winter
- ‘You went in there to kill’: Stand-ups remember the urban comedy explosion of Phat Tuesdays
- The Eternal, Childlike Wonder of Kyle Mooney
- Winter reading guide: Nine books to get wrapped up in
- The best speakers for 2022 | Digital Trends
- Swee'pea And The Shark: The Struggle For The Soul Of A Playground Hero
A$AP Rocky Says Hip Hop in Weird Place, 'We’re Losing So Many Legends" have 456 words, post on www.tmz.com at December 6, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.