Universal International Studios (UIS) has signed an exclusive deal with Home Team , the UK film and TV production outfit run by The End of the F***ing World exec Dominic Buchanan and Mogul Mowgli 's Bennett McGhee.
Home Team will develop and produce premium television projects with UIS for the UK and global market, focusing on championing underrepresented creatives and new voices.
The company was launched two years ago with the backing of Calculus Capital by the pair of UK producers and they have since set about developing a hefty slate.
UIS and Home Team will now oversee a slate including Emilie Robson's Flick, a part-caper, part exploration of female friendships, and a period fantasy series about the Warrior Queen Mother of the Ashanti Empire, Yaa Asantewaa, which is being created by McGhee along with Kara Smith and Rienkje Attoh.
The move represents UIS' latest push into the UK market and Deadline understands several firms were interested in partnering with Home Team.
"We are massive fans of Dominic and Bennett and admire their taste, approach and energy" said UIS President Beatrice Springborn. "Their mission, ethos, and their eye for identifying great talent, are why we are thrilled and proud to call them partners."
Buchanan, whose past credits include Channel 4/Netflix smash The End of the F***ing World and Colette, said UIS' "commitment to our slate and the filmmakers we're working with will empower our collective ambitions for Home Team to the highest level."
McGhee, who also founded Silvertown Films in 2015, added: "From our earliest conversations, the studio's shared passion in the talent we're working with and the talent we want to work with made for a tantalising partnership."
- Track operator strikes deal with Speedway Motorsports to return NASCAR to Nashville
- Seattle tech duo strike out for Detroit, hoping to spark a surge in startups in the Motor City
- South Sudan: Rebels Reject New Peace Deal
- Headscarves, hoops and victories. Milwaukee's Salam School girls basketball team shatters stereotypes
- Scott Satterfield leaves home, and his coaching dream rolls on
- Veterans Day: Where vets and active military can get freebies and deals Sunday and Monday
- Cord cutters: How Disney's deal to buy Fox assets will change TV, movies, sports
- Jacob Rees-Mogg says Theresa May’s ‘soft’ Brexit agreement could be worse than a ‘no deal’ after Chequers summit
- West Africa: Coach Unveils Team for ECOWAS Wrestling Championship
- With Iran and Cuba deals, Obama goes legacy-hunting abroad
- Winter of Bryce Harper an Indians reality check: Likelier to deal Corey Kluber than add MVP
- Milwaukee Bucks and Fiserv Inc. strike 25-year naming rights deal for new downtown arena
- China Seeks Influence in Europe, One Business Deal at a Time
- Take a peek inside NYC's oldest homes for sale
- Kenya, Swiss Sign Deal to Recover Corruption Loot
- U.S. deals with nipple twisting and biting in Gold Cup win over El Salvador
- U.S. striker Sebastian Soto left home at 15 to pursue his soccer dream. Now he's ready to star at U-20 World Cup
- Jackson rapper Dear Silas inks deal with RCA Records
- Former Church's Chicken site in Columbia sells for $475,000
- A Milwaukee baseball legend makes his final bow in the World Series (1968, that is)
Universal International Studios Strikes Deal With Dominic Buchanan & Bennett McGhee’s Home Team have 531 words, post on deadline.com at November 30, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.